Caster camber install on 03 cobra with billesteins

bobbyr51711

Established Member
Hello. I just recently installed the maximum motorsport caster camber plates. Just posting a picture below as you can see the spacers do not set to the top of the nut. Also still have to bring in for an alignment. But should I tighten this to the top of the spacer?
IMG_9304.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The short answer is yes, keep tightening it. Do you have any spacers on the bottom? Have you done the hood clearance check?

bobbyr51711

Established Member
Yes I did good clearance and was good. But do I need to take the wheels off again or can I just hit with my impact gun again until it’s tight?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bobbyr51711

Established Member
Should have noted this is after car was back on ground. And there pretty tight car is lifted off suspension. And yes did one spacer below like the instructions said

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've always used my impact to tighten it down. But I don't go nuts on it. You should be able to tighten it with the car on the ground. It might be easier that way to. It probably felt tight with the car in the air because you had the spring pushing against it.

bobbyr51711

Established Member
Yeah I just slowly hit it with the gun until they were just about tight and then hand tightened it just a hair more. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

bobbyr51711

Established Member
Im also second guessing myself on making sure i did this all correct. i did not reinstall any of the rubber bushings and what not. Just put the dust boot cover on and then reinstalled this is correct with the bilstein struts correct? don't Transfer over any of the stock parts?

01blckcobra

Established Member
Don't the spacers go under the plate? Only short spacer on top with nut. Should have 1- 1 1/2 threads out of nut.

Edit: Just read info, Guess it depends if its lowered.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread