Caster camber plates question, and oil filter relocation kit questions.

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
I'm looking to do a tube k member a arms and coilovers, the brand is a Kenny brown with qa1 coil overs... My question is r all oil filter relocation kits equal? I know maximum motorsports has a 340$ one and on 3 has a 150$ one and summit and jeggs has some from 70 to 140 for universal kits that match the size and thread of the Fram ph2 or other 2 size filters. I don't want the cheapest one I can find uur also don't care about the name if that makes sense? 2nd can someone school me real quick on caster camber plates 3 bolt vs 4 bolts and brand? Once again mm has a 03-04 cobra kit for 209$ a 94 to 04 kit for 200$ r they different? U was under the impression the suspension in the front is universal on these cars? Stedda 3 bolt kits for 150$ can get the eBay special 4 bolt kit for just under a 100$ dose not look as beefy as the mm kit nut will it do the job? Thanks in advance help is appreciated

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
Can't really help you with the oil filter relocation kits, I've never used one. Personally, I'd go with a brand I trust that has a kit specific to these cars (like MM or MMR) and not some universal kit.

As for c/c plates, it's my understanding that 4-bolt versions are superior to 3-bolt ones. I'd go with MM or Steeda. I have the Steeda 4-bolt c/c plates on my 98GT, and they are great. Install was simple, and it was easy to get aligned. I need to change out some bolts though to stainless steel 'cos they are rusting out pretty bad. I'm about to install some MM c/c plates on my 03 Cobra, and the only difference between the 03-04 c/c plates and the other sn-95 kit they have is the 03-04 kit has Bilstein dust boots and no bump stops (Bilsteins have a built in bump stop), whereas the sn-95 kit does not have the strut dust boots but does include some bump stops. The plates are identical in both kits. You'll most likely want to install a 4-bolt c/c plate if you ar going to do coilovers.

Last edited:

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
Ok I wish I would have saw this sooner, I pulled the trigger on the mm 03-04 cobra kit because I was not sure and didn't want to find out the hard way, I'm putting in qa1 coil overs in so I guess the boot covers won't do me much good.... As far as the oil filter relocation kit gose I called the shop and they said there all a out the same so I went with on 3 since it was about half the price.... The k meber of choice was a Kenny brown and a arms... My question is since they move the wheel forward a Inch is it going to be a beat down to get some one to aglin it? I don't imagine that factory spec will do anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread