Cat converter stolen off my Excursion last night.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
A dealer down the road from where I work had all of their diesels hit a few years back. The sales manager said he went to pull a truck up that was sold the day before and when he put his foot on the brake, it went to the floor. He called a mechanic to look at it and he found the DPF/ SCR had been cut off and they cut into a brake line when they did it.

They found all of their diesel trucks had them removed and it costed them almost 40 grand to replace them all on the trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that's assuming they just ate the cost on their parts....

Imagine what will happen when electric cars are really everywhere and a tweaker hears that the high voltage computers have rare earth metals and such in them.... lmao

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Stealing cats is a huge deal in Los Angeles. I know several coworkers who got hit. Our new DA is full blown Soros Commie puppet. There simply won't be any punishment, the criminals know this. Add to fact that many criminals were let out of jail early just to go back to a life of crime. Stealing things in up scale liberal neighborhoods is too easy. Most of these people don't want any confrontation and live in a gun free world. You get what you vote for!

nxhappy

Established Member
mother ****ing thieves. they should all burn in hell. next time, I hope they catch some bird shot to the face via 12 gauge shotty if ya know what I mean.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just an update: it's been nearly 3 weeks since the theft of my factory cat. Just got it back.

What an absolute pain in the ass thing to have to deal with. The factory cat was replaced by a Magnaflow universal. Welds are ugly, but work.

Debating on getting a shield or cat security device. Or saying yolo and run it; if it gets stolen again it's time to pony up for a 7.3 diesel Excursion.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Wow those cats much be expensive to buy a $700 deterrent

Cats are expensive, especially on Japanese cars. Heres a quick quote for a 2005 4cyl Honda Accord I just looked up. This is a new cat from Honda but still, insane.
upload_2021-4-19_16-11-0.png

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
It's not like steel cable is Kryptonite for reciprocating saws, how protective is this really?
From what I saw in the pics it'd be a bitch with a reciprocating saw cause there is slack in the cables. They'll just move around and not cut. But long as you're under there bring a bolt cutter and quietly cut the cables first then saw.

beau t

Established Member
It would be my luck if i put 1 on they would just bring a torch and end up burning my vehicle to the ground AFTER stealing my cat

Users who are viewing this thread