Caught some critters on my shop cameras.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I randomly playback footage on my shop cameras. I seen some different tracks in the snow, so I thought I'd check it out. I always have plenty of deer around.

But this looks like a coyote chasing a rabbit. My shop is located in town, but on the outside edge of it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I‘d take it as a sign to add to your stable :)

I live in a pretty crowded area (for AR) and saw a fox or coyote tracking a cat on mine just a few days ago. Used to see the cat around 3am on the cam, almost nightly it would hang around my jeep…no more cat since that night.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm no animalologist, but my critter looks smaller like a fox(one in your video looks larger). The cat was resting on my driver front and left all the sudden, seemed rushed. Then this thing come from between the 2 houses across the road sniffing around.
406d29a04256b883473f4fe59a7f1596.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Yes a coyote. Doing what they/we do every day. Find something to eat. Primal instincts don’t care about anything else.
That video would look the same today, a thousand years ago, or a thousand years into the future.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I know it’s the circle of life, but I like to see the prey escape….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last winter could see some interesting tracks from my bedroom window in the snow. Obvious rabbit tracks and what looked like a cat chasing it. Ran into the bushes cat circled then rabbit fast tracks out to under my window. Live in a complex so plenty of dumpster food and stuff for the cat. Looks like it gave up on the rabbit work. Probably someones house car thinking it was hot shit for a second then got taught a lesson by a wild rabbit lol. Peter cotton tail made it to the thick hedge.

Old apartment had serious cats. Catch them stalking around on the hunt. Only prey animals here sun bathing. Haven't catch sight of a predator.

Looks like that rabbit got away unless the coyote hit the nitrous. Little guy was moving!

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Rodent prey are fun. Ones that survive are smart. Mark Rober videos are a trip. Commentary is a little lame but dude is a legit science nerd with skills.

Got my neice and nephew hooked

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That does look like a coyote, Brady. A fox is smaller than a coyote. We have both coyotes and foxes in my neighborhood and there's no way you'll confuse the two, size wise. The way the small critter was running makes it look more like rat or large mouse to me. We have rabbits that run by my outside cameras and their gait is different. That coyote was in hot pursue, and probably drooling for a nice late night appetizer. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread