Centrifugal A6 Cars - How to launch?

Sizeth3

Established Member
Hey guys

I took my new combo out to the track this weekend, very happy overall (Procharger Stage 2). One thing I noticed is launching is lazy with my a6, which I have heard for centrifugal setups.

Without installing a new converter, is there any way to cut better than a 1.9/2.0 60'? Car is not spinning until further down the track. I am running the Procharger canned tune, which is fine, but may be leaving additional power on the table.

Thanks!

bunits19714

Established Member
Centri's need a converter not to be a pig out of the hole, but what was your tire choice? suspension setup? front sway bar on or off - all of these things can increase your 60' but also could in turn increase your bog or laziness out of the hole after as the car is trying to climb in it's rpm range . Are you loading the converter(stock) now to get the most out of the launch? the harder you launch the more traction your going to need which translates to tires and suspension. what was your best 60' before the blower? And curious what was your trap speed at the end of the 1/4

4VFTW

Established Member
on a stock converter just stab the gas at idle 99% of the time that gives the best result. you should be able to pull 1.6-1.7 sixties with the stock converter , but you will need to ditch the canned tune.

Sizeth3

Established Member
on a stock converter just stab the gas at idle 99% of the time that gives the best result. you should be able to pull 1.6-1.7 sixties with the stock converter , but you will need to ditch the canned tune.
Who do you recommend to tune me?

Sizeth3

Established Member
Centri's need a converter not to be a pig out of the hole, but what was your tire choice? suspension setup? front sway bar on or off - all of these things can increase your 60' but also could in turn increase your bog or laziness out of the hole after as the car is trying to climb in it's rpm range . Are you loading the converter(stock) now to get the most out of the launch? the harder you launch the more traction your going to need which translates to tires and suspension. what was your best 60' before the blower? And curious what was your trap speed at the end of the 1/4
MT drag radials on 18" wheels, no front sway bar. Car is lowered which didn't help, but again it more bogs that goes for the first 30' I would say.

Car trapped 118 in 2300 da.

rotarymagic

Established Member
If you had a wastegate setup with a really small pulley and a good tune... you'd leave hard as shit with a procharger even on a stock converter.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I just talked with Shaun from AED, I am 6 hours from him I am just going to drive down and get tuned. He has always been really helpful

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Wastegate, converter, and some Mickey Pro's and you're gonna leave hard as ****. Yank that front sway bar out too, you don't need that.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
118 trap is begging for moar tune.

You'll probably pick up 10mph from an AED tune with no other changes.

mhyjek

Established Member
I like that :)

Anything else done to the car like headers and exhaust? I would talk to Shaun about optimal supporting stuff like injectors, offroad pipe since you are making the trip you should make it count if the budget supports. Shaun is a great tuner and I had him when NA and his attention to detail as well his experience with these cars is top notch! I did lund because it was included in my FI package and was a little skeptical but they got my setup moving out! Good luck and can't wait to see your car in the 10's!

Sizeth3

Established Member
Anything else done to the car like headers and exhaust? I would talk to Shaun about optimal supporting stuff like injectors, offroad pipe since you are making the trip you should make it count if the budget supports. Shaun is a great tuner and I had him when NA and his attention to detail as well his experience with these cars is top notch! I did lund because it was included in my FI package and was a little skeptical but they got my setup moving out! Good luck and can't wait to see your car in the 10's!
Sounds like we are going to do injectors and a tune, I just pulled the trigger on ID725's.

mhyjek

Established Member
Sounds like we are going to do injectors and a tune, I just pulled the trigger on ID725's.
Nice! Can you get away with an offroad pipe where you live? Even maybe tune it with stock cats and then put on offroad pipe and tune it its worth a lot of hp and lower end tq! And if you have a factory catback it won't be that loud or smell to bad...

Users who are viewing this thread