CG Fab Twin Turbo 2001 Cobra, Open Downpipes

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Short clip of what the open downpipes sound like on a CG Fabrication Twin Turbo kit. Twin Precision 6766's.

Pardon the iPhone vid...

More vids to come.

[video=youtube;_EDlYylPpAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EDlYylPpAM[/video]

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Sounds great! I love the turbo whistle, I've been thinking about doing open downpipes too.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Sounds good, now all you need to do is holesaw the fenders and get some stainless trim rings.

How was the fitment on the CG kit? I'm fairly certain I'm going with their race hotside for my 2v.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member

Thanks bud!!

Sounds great! I love the turbo whistle, I've been thinking about doing open downpipes too.

Yeah, it is definitely the least expensive route as it will cost me an arm and a leg for custom exhaust.

Sounds good, now all you need to do is holesaw the fenders and get some stainless trim rings.

How was the fitment on the CG kit? I'm fairly certain I'm going with their race hotside for my 2v.

Fitment was good except for a few things that were different on my 01. I believe the kit was based off an 03. My intercooler wouldn't mount correctly so I had to have someone relocate the mounting tabs. And the brackets to support the turbos to the timing cover were wrong but Caleb was awesome enough to buy an 01 Cobra timing cover and fab some additional brackets for me and sent them at no additional cost.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Not bad. Any pics of it driving around? Interior and driveby clips would be great. I've been debating going with a snail and venting out the front bumper, but I'm scurred.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Not bad. Any pics of it driving around? Interior and driveby clips would be great. I've been debating going with a snail and venting out the front bumper, but I'm scurred.

Thanks bud. I plan on doing more vids to really show what it sounds like as it seems a lot of people are interested in open dp 's. Lol, don't be scurred!

TClark22

Established Member
I bet your apartment neighbors hate you. lol

Love the turbo sounds but not really a fan of the exhaust note it creates when you can't hear the turbos. Are the downpipes facing right at the ground or something? sounds like dumps

I'll be doing open dp with my single kit...but I'm going to put a small muffler on it and of course its connected to my coyote so it will sound different

Last edited:

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
I bet your apartment neighbors hate you. lol

Love the turbo sounds but not really a fan of the exhaust note it creates when you can't hear the turbos. Are the downpipes facing right at the ground or something? sounds like dumps

I'll be doing open dp with my single kit...but I'm going to put a small muffler on it and of course its connected to my coyote so it will sound different

Yeah, they tolerate me. Luckily, the guy upstairs loves my car so I don't piss him off too bad. I agree about the exhaust note, it's a little annoying cruising around town but at WOT, it sounds pretty sick. The downpipes are pointing straight down right now which affects the sound. It would help if they pointed back or outward a bit. I'm still undecided on how I want to handle the exhaust system overall... Can't really afford it right now anyways...

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427213082.549569.jpg

TClark22

Established Member
Yeah, they tolerate me. Luckily, the guy upstairs loves my car so I don't piss him off too bad. I agree about the exhaust note, it's a little annoying cruising around town but at WOT, it sounds pretty sick. The downpipes are pointing straight down right now which affects the sound. It would help if they pointed back or outward a bit. I'm still undecided on how I want to handle the exhaust system overall... Can't really afford it right now anyways...

Ok yea that's what I thought. Once you point those bad boys away from the ground it will sound a lot better

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
cg kit with 6766's and auto. Your car is going to be a freakin animal.

Thanks bud! As soon as I finish burping this stupid coolant system I'll be taking the car back to the tuner for a race gas tune.

Thank you.
What coolant tank is that you are using?
The picture cuts the view of it off.

I had a newer model expansion tank mounted in the fender well but my tuner didn't like that setup and took it off and replaced it with the one you see. He said it was just laying around shop. Another member thinks it's a supercharger coolant tank. I think he's right. The fitting for the radiator hose is just threaded into a drilled/tapped/sealed hole on the tank. See below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427239729.333799.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member
please keep us posted on your race gas tune bro. That setup is perfect. Not too many cars will be able to beat you. My buddys tt auto cobra, he says he rolls around with 12-14lbs of boost and if needed, hits the scrabble boost button and goes to 17. Thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread