Changed Spark Plugs,,Observations..>>

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
My car has 2400 miles.It has 1500 miles with the Diablo chip i got from Rick @ Amazonracing.
With the help of my friend Adam Dugger:
We took old plugs out and was happy to see they were burning fine.A little tan on all plugs just a tad..no sign of detonation..
Checking the gap,one plug was gapped at 49,2 were at 51 and the other 5 were gapped at 50.
The stock recommended gap is from 42 to 46.
we replaced them with NGKTr6's, gapped them all at 40.
I was recommended by Joe at Mustang Magic to regap my plugs tighter as he noticed a bit of spark blowout reading my dyno sheet..The car made 434.3 rwhp and 403.5 tqe last week.
I will be adding my Catted Bassani X pipe next week it will be interesting to see what my baseline will be as well as what the Catted Bassani x will add. I am not expecting too much.
I will run these plugs about 1500 miles and then compare them to the stock plugs i removed today.
Anybody else change plugs?
What did you observe?

Jim V.

Jim V.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by a94cobra
Did you notice any difference in the new plugs?
Sorry i didn't address that in my post.

The car felt the same before and after.Idled great before and after also.

Jim V.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by Moonlight96GT
Great Jim, just got my diablo chip, will put it in when it gets cooler I think :D

Matt it will be cooler tonight..Put it in while your lovely wife Angela is asleep..:bash:

Jim V.:cryying:

Last edited:

SB 03

Established Member
i haven't seen one of these cars in person yet, but where are the plugs located, is it a beatch to change them, did you go from underneath?

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
Originally posted by SB 03
i haven't seen one of these cars in person yet, but where are the plugs located, is it a beatch to change them, did you go from underneath?

They are down the center of the valve/cam cover, under the cover that says "32V V8".

Matt :thumbsup:

SB 03

Established Member
was it a pain to change them, also do you need any special tools? Sorry, like I said I have not seen one in person yet, Thanks for all the help guys
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread