Changed to 4.10 gear,FRPP,and Strange Axles

Fastfish420

Established Member
Hi Guys,

Little update on my car..I had it to the drag strip last Sunday and broke my left axle shaft and destroyed my Torsen diff on my 8th ever pass on the car with DR.Guys have to be careful racing your cars with factory parts and DR's.I do have some mods per my signature and bought my car for a play toy and drag race.I have had it since May and have only 700 miles on it.I could of fixed car under warranty but did not want to mess with this happening again.

I gutted it and installed all new bearings,FRPP 4.10 gear and installed FRPP Traction Lock with the carbon clutches.I also upgraded the axles to Strange street axles which are a nice piece using screw in studs and factory abs reluctor rings.

First test drive with 4.10 gear is it takes some time to get used to the rpm change.at 60mph in 5th its taching around 2400rpm.In 6th its around 1600 at 60mph.The car seems alittle easier to drive but I didnt have much trouble with the 3.31 ive put around 50 miles on it with no noise at all and car pulls like a freight train.I really wanted to get the car in the 10's with the stock gear,I think I could of got it there if I could of got car to 60foot better.The pass before it broke it went a 11.10 at 133mph with 1.92 60 foot.

Track is closed for the year around here so I guess im going to have to wait till next year to get that 10sec slip...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice upgrade, you will love them with more seat time.
I noticed a big upgrade in low-speed driveability with the gear swap, you can now actually use 6th also.
10 second slip first outing next spring!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread