Changes are Coming

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Which is why I asked you, Nick, if you thought what he said was just fluff. Seems that he knowingly is contradicting what Ford can, or cannot do, based on your last post regarding the Dealer Agreement. I'm frankly confused at this point.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Which is why I asked you, Nick, if you thought what he said was just fluff. Seems that he knowingly is contradicting what Ford can, or cannot do, based on your last post regarding the Dealer Agreement. I'm frankly confused at this point.

Vis a vis the relationship between Ford and its dealerships. There is the hard way and the easy way. I have no doubt that Ford can make a sharp point felt by any dealership or group, should push come to shove.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

FCA did the same thing with the Hellcats. Nobody lost allocation based on early ADMs. Ford can't legally regulate what I charge for anything, however they can definitely posture in a way that gives it a positive public opinion, which could possibly push dealers to want to follow suit.

If Jim Farley called me tomorrow and told me how to price my inventory, I would tell him to have a nice day.

Vis a vis the relationship between Ford and its dealerships. There is the hard way and the easy way. I have no doubt that Ford can make a sharp point felt by any dealership or group, should push come to shove.

It's not just Ford and dealers...it's every manufacturer.

Ford can push all they want...doesn't matter as long as you're upholding your end of the dealer agreement. Nothing they can do.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Ford is particularly concerned about its electric vehicle sales, which compete with brands like Tesla and Rivian that don't used franchised dealers and are in direct control of their pricing. "This is quite an important topic because the margins that we want to build to in BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) are gonna be heavily dependent on a different go-to-market and customer experience," Farley said.

I call bull shit he doesnt care what dealership mark them up as. Aslong as they sell.

I quoted the relevant part above. They don't care about the scalping- they just don't want the dealer-less Rivian and Tesla to steal their market share because of the markups. If it wasn't for them, they wouldn't care.

I think it is a reflection of just how important getting EV sales off the ground and in the right direction is. There is no going back to ICE if they fail for any reason.

Yep. They've invested billions in EV and stopped all ICE development years ago. There is no plan B. Largely due to government, but the whole "sustainability index" nonsense in share price as well.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Could Ford just setup a ADM/BID system for dealers?

Oh? You want 5 MachEs? What's it worth to you?

Fortunately, no. haha

They have to provide products at the same price to each dealer.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
ADMs always been there only difference now is dealers are adding these (wrong or right) to your daily (commons cookie cutter cars) due to scarcity. And now people are all up n arms about it. If people werent keeping up with the jones this would sort itself out (refusing to paid adm).

Everyone wants capitalism except when it affects your own wallet then people wine saying it’s not fair.

What I see is odd isn’t ADM rather dealers turning those nose down to mark up units when an out of state clients wants to buy + willing to pay mark up but dealer refuses because they think they’re gonna to have service selling in state or want to keep it local to help.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ADMs always been there only difference now is dealers are adding these (wrong or right) to your daily (commons cookie cutter cars) due to scarcity. And now people are all up n arms about it. If people werent keeping up with the jones this would sort itself out (refusing to paid adm).

Everyone wants capitalism except when it affects your own wallet then people wine saying it’s not fair.

What I see is odd isn’t ADM rather dealers turning those nose down to mark up units when an out of state clients wants to buy + willing to pay mark up but dealer refuses because they think they’re gonna to have service selling in state or want to keep it local to help.

I think a lot of the out of state deals are turned down due to the increasing risk of fraudulent purchases.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I think a lot of the out of state deals are turned down due to the increasing risk of fraudulent purchases.
If a dealership is worried about that, then they need better practices in place. Got a good friend whom a DP have his sales currently are out of state. No issues. They come using true car / have financing & bank check already or do financing with him (store directly) or other. Not saying that there isn’t a chance, they’re always a chance. I’ve heard otherwise straight from DPs mouth to my ears of this. Then again there’s dealers refusing to sell new without a trade in or adding markup if buying outright. There really no unity or standards across dealers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If a dealership is worried about that, then they need better practices in place. Got a good friend whom a DP have his sales currently are out of state. No issues. They come using true car / have financing & bank check already or do financing with him (store directly) or other. Not saying that there isn’t a chance, they’re always a chance. I’ve heard otherwise straight from DPs mouth to my ears of this. Then again there’s dealers refusing to sell new without a trade in or adding markup if buying outright. There really no unity or standards across dealers.
That's kinda the benefit of being privately owned... you can do what you want.

It happens constantly. I had 7 last year, 5 the year before and 2 or 3 in 2019. Crooks are good.

Sent from my Potato

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
That's kinda the benefit of being privately owned... you can do what you want.

It happens constantly. I had 7 last year, 5 the year before and 2 or 3 in 2019. Crooks are good.

Sent from my Potato
Sorry that’s happened to you @13COBRA that ain’t right. Thief’s suck.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry that’s happened to you @13COBRA that ain’t right. Thief’s suck.

It is what it is. Thanks for being sorry, it's just life though. We have insurance for a reason.

Thieves are good, and getting better.

The most notable one I've had was on a pre-owned 2018 GT350 last year. Guy spoke to me via phone, email, text and on here for almost 3 weeks before pulling the trigger. He sent me a driver's license, utility bills, insurance and pay stubs to an address in Wisconsin. He put $5k down, and financed the rest, including the $800 to ship the car to him in Wisconsin. Delivery truck checks his license when he gets there compared to what he looks like and the license that I had...it's a match. Drops the car.

Two weeks later I get a call from Ford Motor Credit (finance source) stating that they believe the car was part of an exporting theft scam. Confused, I inquired a little... I guess the guy had it immediately shipped to a port on the East coast, loaded in a shipping container and was on it's way to Guam.

He phonied up a clear title, no lien, in order to take the vehicle out of the country.

It's crazy the extent people will go to steal. If he put his desire and his efforts towards something legal, he probably would be pretty good at whatever he chose to do.

MFE

Established Member
So the factories all talk about "Days' Supply" as one of their sell-rate and inventory metrics. Toyota is now talking Hours supply LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So the factories all talk about "Days' Supply" as one of their sell-rate and inventory metrics. Toyota is now talking Hours supply LOL

That's how the F-Series line is right now. Insane. Never thought we'd ever see anything like this.

Users who are viewing this thread