Changes are Coming

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I find this incredibly frustrating.

Beginning now, Ford is limiting what configurations dealers can order for their own stock.

So now, not only does Ford control how many vehicles (per line, trim, etc) but now they're also controlling the options that are eligible to be ordered.

1641922007358.png

1641922026671.png

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
That sucks. I don't know how limiting stock order configuration by Ford improves anything. Trends have a tendency to change over time and if you can't adjust your inventory to the demand, you lose business to someone who can.

I noticed that custom orders (by customers via the dealership) don't seem to be impacted or is that still considered a stock order?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sucks. I don't know how limiting stock order configuration by Ford improves anything. Trends have a tendency to change over time and if you can't adjust your inventory to the demand, you lose business to someone who can.

I noticed that custom orders (by customers via the dealership) don't seem to be impacted or is that still considered a stock order?

Anything ordered 'retail' for customers is excluded and can be spec'd however.

This is such a lazy move. It's frustrating.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't make sense to me. If you can't order different options, the buyer will have to special order, you won't have any incentive to carry more than your floor plan, and Ford will whine about how it is less efficient to do custom orders.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
They are trying to generate efficiencies. The money needed for EV development is real.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Ford and other auto manufacturers say they wanted to keep less inventory on lots and kind of push people to special order?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Ford and other auto manufacturers say they wanted to keep less inventory on lots and kind of push people to special order?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yes, they do.

But the smaller amounts of inventory on the ground just became uniform.

Zemedici

Established Member
what keeps 'jim bob' from buying 50 vehicles how you see fit?

oh wow yeah Jim Bob didnt come get that one either, weird

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
what keeps 'jim bob' from buying 50 vehicles how you see fit?

oh wow yeah Jim Bob didnt come get that one either, weird

Ford has a new "Customer Order Verification Program" that does name/address matching. Dealerships found ordering stock units as retail units get their future stock allocations revoked completely.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
My neighbor and I often have conversations about cars past and present and he usually offers an interesting p.o.v. being a former service director at WV, Porsche, Mazda, etc.., The stories he tells me about what dealerships had to go through just to get certain desirable models on the lots was laughable.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford has a new "Customer Order Verification Program" that does name/address matching. Dealerships found ordering stock units as retail units get their future stock allocations revoked completely.

Ram was/is seeing dealers lying to pad stock/allocations too.

Knowing this, when i ordered my dually, I was worried the dealer would sell it out from under me due to the discount i originally received vs what he was selling "on the floor" trucks for.

A week away from delivery he called me and offered $5k to buy my order.... .

I said hell no! Then flew my whole family up to Seattle on one way tickets and drove her home.

q6543

Established Member
It makes perfect sense to me.

"More predictable forecasting, easier inventory management"

Is ALL they care about for now.

Users who are viewing this thread