Changing my mind on boost. Need some knowledgeable help

DaveWertz

Established Member
My wife told me someone in the SN section on FB has a used KB for sale $700, but missing a few things.
I'll have to check it out. For 700 even if it needs a few things would be worth the buy. Yoi wouldn't happen to know exactly which site that was?

96GT226410

Established Member
I am finding allot of blowers for 99 and up. Lots of termi blowers too, cheap.
Then go with the C heads. They don't add much power, but they are a better head until you're making power over 7,000 RPM's.
The Mach 1 cams are nothing to write home about. Your stock 96 - 98 Cobra cams are good cams and they're worth $200. A close second would be the 99 4V cams and they're worth $150. After those cams all the factory 4V (besides the 00 R cams) aren't worth more than $50. I have a set of 99 Continental heads with cams in my garage that I'll be swapping onto a Teskid engine with my stock Cobra crank, 2013 Boss 302/2015 Coyote rods, and a set of ModMax pistons. I'll be safe to make 600 RWHP all day, but I won't go any more than 500 - 550 RWHP.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DaveWertz

Established Member
Then go with the C heads. They don't add much power, but they are a better head until you're making power over 7,000 RPM's.
The Mach 1 cams are nothing to write home about. Your stock 96 - 98 Cobra cams are good cams and they're worth $200. A close second would be the 99 4V cams and they're worth $150. After those cams all the factory 4V (besides the 00 R cams) aren't worth more than $50. I have a set of 99 Continental heads with cams in my garage that I'll be swapping onto a Teskid engine with my stock Cobra crank, 2013 Boss 302/2015 Coyote rods, and a set of ModMax pistons. I'll be safe to make 600 RWHP all day, but I won't go any more than 500 - 550 RWHP.

I'd be happy with 450 to 500. More than enough for what I do. I'd prefer to go NA but it seems that it's hard to do with these motors. If I could get 400+ whp NA for half the cost of a blower then sign me up. But I'm still new to mod motors, I'm come from old school sbf. So I was hoping to find some good info for mods I have to still get over 400 whp but it's not seeming that way...

96GT226410

Established Member
I'd be happy with 450 to 500. More than enough for what I do. I'd prefer to go NA but it seems that it's hard to do with these motors. If I could get 400+ whp NA for half the cost of a blower then sign me up. But I'm still new to mod motors, I'm come from old school sbf. So I was hoping to find some good info for mods I have to still get over 400 whp but it's not seeming that way...
No way you're making 400 RWHP NA cheaper than with boost.

DaveWertz

Established Member
So I decided boost it is. I have the supporting mods to push 500whp easily so why not keep the build going towards boost, that and I have more funds than I thought I did (always a good problem to have)..

So now I want to get the KB 2.1. What pullies would be excellent for my setup? I feel the stock 6lb pully is to little.

And does anyone have any leads to a nice used KB 2.1? I see some 1.7s but I think thats a waste of money.....

Users who are viewing this thread