Changing Non-SVT Stripe Color

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
I am in the market for a 2012 GT500 non svtpp.... and I found a dealer willing to give me x-plan on a kona blue with white stripe.....I want to take the deal in a few weeks but before I finalize it..I was thinking if I should look around for other color combos or I could just change it myself after words......I really love the kona with red stripe and I think its much more unique. Do any of you guys know how much it would cost to change the stripes and the difficulty in doing so?

It does not have elec. package just shaker 1000 as the only option. Am I missing out on any options that are a must?

Thanks guys.....Im happy to be on the site and hopefully soon I will be posting up pics of my "first born" LOL

IA Shelby

Established Member
IMHO _ keep looking. The shaker 1000 weighs a ton and is not that good. Restriping can be expensive.

BOD89LX

Established Member
You would be better off finging a stripe delete car and add the stripe. Keep in mind the red stripe is a SVTPP only color on the Kona plus the seats will have colored inserts if you get one with a stripe and then change the color.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I pulled my stock stripes off shortly after buying the car in '08. They actually came off pretty easy. Just pulled the car into the sun and start peeling.

Having the white SS style stripes re-applied to my car by a professional vinyl shop was $350.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
i personally am a fan of having the stripes painted on but you gotta make sure you really love them. But yea I hear they come off easy and as the above me said you can get new vinyls relatively cheap

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
You would be better off finging a stripe delete car and add the stripe. Keep in mind the red stripe is a SVTPP only color on the Kona plus the seats will have colored inserts if you get one with a stripe and then change the color.

I didnt think about that ...thanks for the reminder

Thanks all the responded ....Stripe delete and adding the stripe myself is a good idea as well but then I have to deal with finding someone else to give me x plan which has been SO DIFFICULT locally...I guess what I found was meant to be.......

Users who are viewing this thread