Changing o2 sensors

ilir_14gt

I need to replace one of the front o2 sensors. My car is a 2014 GT. I have a friend that has some sensors but I think they are for a 2013 GT500. My questions is: Will the o2 sensors from the 2013 GT500 work on a 2014 GT?

Thanks

Last edited:

helloWorld

Established Member
First thing, I do have any actual experience with GT-500s, so I can not give you a firm answer.

However, I took a look at Tasca and I would have to say no. There seems to be a noticeable cable length difference between the two sensors. For whatever it is worth, the two sensors also have very different part numbers.

2013 GT-500 Front Right Oxygen Sensor (BR3Z-9F472-A): http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/must...at/?part_name=ft-oxygen-sensor&position=right
2014 5.0 Front Right Oxygen Sensor (8F9Z-9F472-H): http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/must...at/?part_name=ft-oxygen-sensor&position=right

ilir_14gt

They are different part numbers but essentially do the same thing. I would think that the Shelby ones can handle more exhaust flow. but at the same time I haven't seen anyone change o2 sensors when they boost their 5.0. I would probably just put them on the car and see if they work before I order GT specific ones online.

helloWorld

Established Member
I agree with the all of the above. They both have the same connectors and will do the same thing. I was only worried about the cable length.

scott_0

Established Member
I know many people had problems with extensions but I never had a problem with them.
you havent had a problem yet, Id stop using them man, theres a reason people dont use them..........

AKDMB

Established Member
I haven't had problems with my Casper's 02 extensions. They are a high quality OEM connector. I wrapped the loom with weatherproofing tape too. I hope I don't have problems with them in the future.

helloWorld

Established Member
I believe the voltage from the oxygen sensors gets skewed in the extensions before the ECU reads that voltage.

This means that the air/fuel ratio commanded gets skewed because the engine is making you richer or leaner based off of false readings.

Depending on how close to the edge you are tuned, or if you are using flex fuel, this can be devastating to your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread