Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones drummer, has died.

quad

Established Member
Charlie Watts, best known as the prolific drummer for the rock band the Rolling Stones for more than half a century, has died. He was 80.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 80
Headlines like those always irked me. They could have said: "Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has died at 80". "Dead at 80" just sounds cold to me. Maybe that's just me. I've seen this type of headline numerous times in the MSM.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Another rock legend is gone. RIP

Get ready...I keep sayin that over the next few years...the LEGENDS in music that will be lost will be hard to take...

Sorry to read about Charlie Watts...he was ALWAYs as cool as they come, and a real innovator on the skins.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Get ready...I keep sayin that over the next few years...the LEGENDS in music that will be lost will be hard to take...

Sorry to read about Charlie Watts...he was ALWAYs as cool as they come, and a real innovator on the skins.
He was definitely one of the great drummers of our time. His style made you feel like he was lazily drumming. In reality, he was so adept at maintaining drum rhythms. Ringo Starr gave you that perception as well, whereas he was a master of rhythms, too.

Users who are viewing this thread