CHE rear shock tower braces.

FIREBALL

Established Member
Yeah it would be nice if they (or anybody) could make a rear bar that is beefier and fits better than H&Rs and with the the proper links for a lowered car (which may be impossible for the tight space in the rear?)-----In the past some have said the rear brace doesnt make a difference on the coupe ???

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
It appears that CHE is still making their rear shock tower braces.

If so, maybe they would be willing to make a rear swaybar as well..dunno.

They are. I bought one last month. Here's my thoughts on it. Directions are poor. They say to tighten some of the bolts before you finish drilling. Don't do that because after you have all the holes you need to make sure your hardware will fit each hold properly and you may need to adjust each bracket. If you have a convertible good luck drilling the hole on the interior side of the shock tower which they conveniently leave out of the directions, they never even mention it. The bar is nice because it is adjustable and also easily removeable if you ever needed to. The 2 brackets are labeled so you don't put them on the wrong side. The only way I can see to reach the hold on the interior side of the shock tower is to use a right angle drill with a right angle attachment and the shortest 5/16" bit you can find. I got one hole made and the other one broke 2 bits and kept jamming.

Overall would I buy it again? No, not if it was going in a convertible. A hardtop may be offer more room for drilling though. I think you could find a chassis shop that had some extra tubing and sheetmetal lying around from a job they did and have them weld that in for you. Basically recreate the Hans Racecraft brace. I had one of those and it fit perfect. They aren't in business anymore or I would have got it again.

shurur

Established Member
I have one in my coupe.
Drilled straight through and used bolts on all.
I pulled my shocks when I did my install.

You could used the tack bolts that come with it and have it welded in as well..that would be the most serious way to install this or any other STB.

I also had my shock towers bead welded to the rear floor pan.

To each his own I guess.

I think their real worth is when you go rear CO.
As is with most of the mods we have, we get it because we want it, not need it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread