!!!!check engine light!!!!WTF?

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
my check engine light wont come ***in offf!!!!!!!!!!! i have a upr offroad xpipe, mac catback. i put what i need to put when ever i put an offroad xpipe. bbk o2 extensions , dallas mustang mil eliminators. but the check engine light is still on. some times is off for a while but then it pops on again !!!! i took it to AUTOZONE but i dont really believe their diognostic checks. but it said this '' bank 1 sensor 2 sensor stuck lean "" . the guy told me i have to replace the o2 sensor. should i??? or should i not???? im kinda broke right now so i dont wana spend money on an oxygen sensor if its not going to take my CEL OFF!! I NEED MY EXPECTION STICKER BUT THEY WONT PASS IT WITH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. i know a place that they dont care if they have cats or not so thats not a problem.

what should i do ???????? please any help !! i would really appreciate it!!

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
We'll aside from pulling the codes yourself, I would say that O2's would be a fair guess at the problem based on what autozone told you.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Maybe just make your own MIL eliminators? I made mine myself and I've never had any problems with the CEL, there are a lot of write up's on the internet. Or you can turn it off with a flasher.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
What's a EXPECTION sticker?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It doesn't cost that much to fix your 02 and change them out, go for it.

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
If I Turn It Off With A Flasher Would It Still Bring It Up In The Diognostics?? If There Would Be A Other Problem , Would The Check Engine Light Come Back On????? Sorry For The Stupid Questions : ( Just Neeed Some Info .

Thanx : )

neatofrito1618

Established Member
40thannstang said:
If I Turn It Off With A Flasher Would It Still Bring It Up In The Diognostics?? If There Would Be A Other Problem , Would The Check Engine Light Come Back On????? Sorry For The Stupid Questions : ( Just Neeed Some Info .

Thanx : )
No it turns off the CEL.

gt03mustang

Detailer
Established Member
MIL's are really hit or miss, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. The best way to turn off the rear 02's is via tune.

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
Darren5.0L said:
Say just a question, you didn't put the MIL eliminators in place of the front two O2 sensors did you? Just a thought here...

nope i didnt . first i hooked up the mils then the extensions to the o2's . is there a certain way to do it????

gt03mustang

Detailer
Established Member
Nope, just make sure the MIL's are in the rear 02's and not the fronts. Fronts are for a/f and rears are for emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread