Check Out Jimmy V's New Place...

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
This is the best 03 site around and i ain't leaving or competeing.
That is an 03 Cobra Forum added to my Club(Superstallions of the net)
If there was going to be a successful alternative site?
Let it be someone in the family.I am the Moderator and everyone is welcome to check it out.

Jim V.

Hammer

Established Member
Let me copy and paste something that I posted on Jimmy's new site:

I am very grateful and loyal to svtperformance.com. And I fully support their cause, their meaning and I like the administrators very much. I think that they are fair and just with administration.

But there's nothing wrong with patronage to more than one 03 discussion forum, is there? And this is Jimmy Vaccaro's board...that means that anything can happen. Felony's may be committed on this site!!!

Cobra'03

Established Member
Rich: just joined up, but I am having a Logon problem.

I read your post about exhaust duration with great interest. I think it might help, but it is a band-aid fix. I believe the real issue is a proper optimization of head and cam to provide the best intake-to-exhaust and exhaust-to-intake ratios for the targeted RPM and comp ratio. The '03 Cobra has the Navigator heads, and is optimized for the targeted ballsy low down torque, the 8.5:1 CR, and the 8.5 psi boost. Given the cost of even doing a rudimentary cam swap on mod motors, this is not something to undertake without a lot of know-how and test equipment. This is not a SB Chevy, where you can do a cam in an hour.

My guess is that you will see either a company with the engineering experience and the assets to prototype do a holistic solution. Edelbrock would be a good candidate, especially since the market potential for a car with 12,000 production units might make it profitable to do so. Kenny Bell or Sean Hyland might also do it, but they will likely have more glitches than a company like Edelbrock, with its reputation for quality, integrated solutions. That is where I am going to look when the time comes to seriouslyt build up my car.

I like your post(s) - they show a real lot of thought, and the desire to advance us rather than tear down. Keep it up.

Hammer

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
Rich: just joined up, but I am having a Logon problem.

I read your post about exhaust duration with great interest. I think it might help, but it is a band-aid fix. I believe the real issue is a proper optimization of head and cam to provide the best intake-to-exhaust and exhaust-to-intake ratios for the targeted RPM and comp ratio. The '03 Cobra has the Navigator heads, and is optimized for the targeted ballsy low down torque, the 8.5:1 CR, and the 8.5 psi boost. Given the cost of even doing a rudimentary cam swap on mod motors, this is not something to undertake without a lot of know-how and test equipment. This is not a SB Chevy, where you can do a cam in an hour.

My guess is that you will see either a company with the engineering experience and the assets to prototype do a holistic solution. Edelbrock would be a good candidate, especially since the market potential for a car with 12,000 production units might make it profitable to do so. Kenny Bell or Sean Hyland might also do it, but they will likely have more glitches than a company like Edelbrock, with its reputation for quality, integrated solutions. That is where I am going to look when the time comes to seriouslyt build up my car.

I like your post(s) - they show a real lot of thought, and the desire to advance us rather than tear down. Keep it up.

Thanks, Cobra'03. Your feedback means a lot. I know it's hard to figure out how to take me sometimes.

But I NEVER try to tear us down.

I do get overly intolerant with the excessive 'dead weight' around here lately. It seems like there is an aweful lot of 03 cobra owners with enthusiasm on this board. But I feel like it's only a very small handful that are actually trying to do something remarkable with the foundation that Ford gave us.

Now don't get me wrong: I don't expect anyone to mod their 03 whom is not whole-heardedly into that aspect of performance. But I do get a wild hair up my ass when one of those dead weight, idle people start passing BS toward those few who make the 03 Cobra scene (and this board) something worth while!!

I am friends with and spend time with guys who put a great deal of time, effort and money into evolving their stock 03's. And I watch them quantify all thier findings and results into FREE INFORMATION on this site. And I have seen posts where some idiot is challenging their sincerity, or trying to put them down, or expecting others to give them very specific and free information so they can mentally masturbate about mods for their 03 that they will probably never even put into action!

I got fed up and made a post indicating that I will not give up free information anymore. And some handjob whom just joined the board starts flaming me! Well, I don't really care about one gnat-brained moron's opinion, but his comments are indicative of what this forum is turning into....something that disappoints many of us. I just can't give up free information knowing that people like that can simply read it and benefit from it. I wish I could post threads that only allow certain users to view! That would change everything!

Now, BELIEVE ME, some others...03 pioneers...feel exactly as I do. I know because I talk to them in detail about it. You will not find them posting in this fashion. I am the one who is the most politically incorrect and willing to 'let it all hang out'.

I get very vocal with such issues and I react sharply in the face of the ignorance that is annoying us all about this site.

That's a big shortcomming of mine and it can quickly give people the wrong impression of me. But the ones who matter to me understand where I am coming from and tolerate my behavior (sorry guys). And they bring up my posts and break my horns and we all laugh about it.

What can I say? I never claimed to be very intelligent! But I know that I have HEART.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind words, Cobra'03. They're appreciated.

Now get over to Jimmy's new site and support it. Don't give me that lame "logon problem" BS!!! He went through a lot to get that site online for us.

Don't worry...no one's gonna get mad at you here. If they do, correctly identify their reaction as misplaced frustration due to a small sex organ. And feel sorry for them.

;-)

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread