Check out my latest Mod....

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
No Coolant FTW!

Well I don't know if head gaskets finally went today or the oil/egr coolers. Started her up, ran real roughly, white smoke but it cleared up after probably 5 minutes of running. Idle smoothed out, truck was warmed up so I drove to the store, probably 1/4 mile away tops. Was in the store for probably 10-15 minutes walked out and noticed something under the truck. Welp it was a puddle of coolant probably 4x5 feet under the truck and it was just running out of the bottom of the motor somewhere. Was able to get the truck back to the school where she is parked now. Getting towed back home tomorrow, hopefully lol. Just thought I would let everyone know I finally popped my cherry and I'm an offical 6.0 owner now:rocking:

Pics from when I got her back to school are uploading now.

Well here are some pictures...
032.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

A quick picture of when I got it back to school...probably two mintues time before this picture was taken....
033.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

041.jpg

All that I know is that the truck has no coolant hardly left in it at all. There is a slight amount of oil in the coolant resevoir and I was able to pull a few codes off of it that point in the direction of a blow out of the gasket near cylinder #8 cause I am getting a cylinder pressure imbalance code from #8. Also was able to pull three codes related to the EGR Cooler off of it.

At this point I was just waiting for them to pop. The truck has puked coolant from the first time I drove it with 7 miles on the clock. I am thinking that the heads were not flat from the factory and I always had alittle bit of seeping coming from the passenger side head.

I am trailering it home from college. When I get home I'm going to take a look and see if I can pop the EGR Valve out. If it's wet then I know for a fact that the cooler has ruptured, whether it be internally or a gasket (alot easier to check than to take the turbo off). I am going to drain the remaining coolant out of it and see just how much oil is in there and take a look at the over flow bottle and hoses. I just want to get a rough idea of what is actually broken on the truck before it goes back to the dealer hopefully sometime next week.

I am accepting nothing less than a complete tear down of the motor. If the gaskets blew that bad to allow oil in the coolant then I need the rest of the motor checked out as well. I will also be asking for new heads. I will supply ARP studs, still debating over the hypermax gaskets or not though. And when I get her back the EGR delete kit will be going on.

The heads/gaskets were to be checked the last time the truck was at the dealer in December of last year. But I am fairly certain that this was never done. If they don't want to warranty the work then I guess this is a good a time as any to upgrade while I am tearing it apart.

I will make sure to keep everyone posted as to what happens! And I am going to invest in some oil and coolant temp gauges. So the next time I can see if they are more than 15* different from each other, cause that means either the coolers or the gaskets are gone.

Sorry for the long post as well lol.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Welp....towed the truck to ford today. Had a fun time squeezing my truck on and off the little car trailer we have haha. Had to run up over the fenders of the trailer lol. Any who....here are some pictures...

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
haha. Actually I kind of was...I have been waiting on the gaskets to blow for a while now. Just gives me a reason to go bigger and better lol.

Dusten

Established Member
Sarcastic or serious?

I know you were having some problems with your 6.4.

sarcasm... i had 1. I havent had any reliability issues, just lots of minor shit that was driving me nuts. seems to have mellowed out. we are around 24K miles now.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
sarcasm... i had 1. I havent had any reliability issues, just lots of minor shit that was driving me nuts. seems to have mellowed out. we are around 24K miles now.

I figured it was sarcasm, no one goes out of their way to say they want this motor haha.

That's good to hear about you finally getting the truck straightened out. The 6.4's are pretty sweet. I love how the new trucks ride also.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Haha I know a guy like that also. Blew up 4 or 5 Suncoast trannys and finally went with a NADP full race.

All he's running is an Edge tuner on the top level. I guess he had to sign something and fax it back, then they give him a code to enter and it unlocked the top level. Something like that.
But holy shlt it's amazing how easily the trans are braking. He had some issue with the torque converter too.
In fact he used my AAA to tow his truck 3 times this year! When I broke my rearend in the Cobra, I had to use a friend's AAA to tow my own car. :bash:

Dusten

Established Member
All he's running is an Edge tuner on the top level. I guess he had to sign something and fax it back, then they give him a code to enter and it unlocked the top level. Something like that.
But holy shlt it's amazing how easily the trans are braking. He had some issue with the torque converter too.
In fact he used my AAA to tow his truck 3 times this year! When I broke my rearend in the Cobra, I had to use a friend's AAA to tow my own car. :bash:
... edge is trash. he is blowing up trannies because the edge does nothing for the tranny. this is very common knowledge. Tell him to get a real tuner, and his issues will be gone.

That would not have happened in a Cummins!!!!!!!!!!
Lets not bring that into it. Great engine, we all know t his. To bad its a golden nugget wrapped in 60lbs of shit. and lets not mention the KDP on cummins, how the the trannies 5th gear nut? Steering wander? Rattles? That dodge 2500 and 3500 is a huge pile of shit. Hmmm, should we also mention the issues the 6.7L is having?

Users who are viewing this thread