Chevy Vs Ford

stang99

Tomorrow is the day. This evening it was really fairly cool temp wise up here in Palmdale. If I'd had a clutch I definitely would have gone to LACR for grudge night. My car was pulling nice in the cool air. But, I suppose that tomorrow will be 110 even at 8 at night.
You all should show up to represent the '03. Usually the track is prepped the best right at the beginning of the meet since LACR does not usually shut down and redo the track. They behave as if track compound costs $1000 a gallon.
I may show up and make a run or two since the new clutch grabs but still chatters. The tranny shifts stiff since it only has 250 miles on it but, I did squeeze in a run right now on my private 1/4 mile and the Nittos gripped like glue and the tranny shifted at full throttle (there goes my new clutch). I even escaped before the sheriff could catch me. If I could have made that run at LACR I believe that I would have been very happy with the results.

P. (Name changed to protect the innocent)

stang99

Ford has this department that reads all the internet posts every day to see if they can get enough info to identify people who should have their warranty voided. They match first names; car colors; locations and such to pinpoint the person. Then, they send their spies to the race track armed with concealed cameras to catch the person racing.
I realize that you did not know this, which is why you use actual names instead of screen names. So, just like the singer formally known as Prince, I changed my name to P.
Seriously, however, I did talk to an SVT tech about a former SVT vehicle of mine, and the tech told me that he had read my post and remebered it. So, they do read boards.
Since my car is completely stock, I never worry about such things, but, if I had Nitrous, I'd be keeping that fact a secret. Of course, I'd be keeping it secret so that I could spray Juan in 4th just when he thought that he had the race......

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hum.
Well P. u got a point & a good one.

Lets just say im not in the hidding mode OR feel like i should hide :shrug: I only have 1 life time.

But that's just me. Let SVT find out who i em. Since 99. 7 brand new cars in 4 yrs doesnt say much id take take it to the top :dw: & if that didnt work. Hum im sure they will enjoy some TV time ;-) & talking to my sisters firm. :burn:

Im not an A$$ & wont blame some thing on them if i had a hand on screwing up a part on the car / not my style & i wont talk shit about them if i cant support my bashing....cause u can smell bullshit, U know?

stang99

There used to be a poster on this board named "clutch killer" who got some relief under warranty. But, the mechanics at the Ford dealer actually read his posts and knew his nickname. Sometimes it's a small universe, especially if you live in a one horse town and there is only one Ford dealer nearby. Where I live, there are still a lot of businesses that seem to think that they have a captive market but, the internet has made mail order even better than it used to be. Things are changing. Ford should be aware that many customers are comparing notes and identying common problems that should be redressed under warranty. And, I agree that I should fix problems that I cause. I also think that Ford should make the parts readily available like they used to in the day.
Now, I have to go get some sleep. Then I need to get up very early and drive my car around some more to try to get the clutch broken in before I start running the car at LACR at 5 pm. I'm hoping that there will be a good showing of Fords there tomorrow.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
all svt guys, we're setting up shop at around 3:30 tomorrow at the track, everyone can pit with us. we'll have the usual set up, mega-cooler, compressor, tent, bring chairs if you got em and donations for ice!!! if you're bringing your own ice, you can store it in our huge ass cooler at even p.moddy can fit in...

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
all svt guys, we're setting up shop at around 3:30 tomorrow at the track, everyone can pit with us. we'll have the usual set up, mega-cooler, compressor, tent, bring chairs if you got em and donations for ice!!! if you're bringing your own ice, you can store it in our huge ass cooler at even p.moddy can fit in...

:dw:

:shrug:

:bored: I can fit in a big cooler? :bash: i owe u one Adam :bash:
SonicVenum & i should be getting there around 3 - 4 / not sure what exact time caues of freaking traffic :cuss:

Yo, P. :thumbsup:
Change my typing habbits :D now :beer:

stang99

This morning: Dearborn MI: Head Ford internet spy: Report:

Damn! The informant on SVTPerformance.com has gone to code. Is that because Adam has threatened to put PoisM on ice or in the cooler? They are really bad out in Calif since they publically state that they are going to ice an informant. We know that they are all going to the track today, but our spies don't want to go out into the middle of the Mojave Desert with that crew since they think that they may never return. They fear that they will be iced and dumped out somewhere near Barstow. Damn! Being a Ford warranty policeman is a thankless never ending job.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:dw:

:shrug:

:bored: I can fit in a big cooler? :bash: i owe u one Adam :bash:
SonicVenum & i should be getting there around 3 - 4 / not sure what exact time caues of freaking traffic :cuss:

Yo, P. :thumbsup:
Change my typing habbits :D now :beer:

stang99

You all missed some great track prep and a chance to beat me bad all night since my car was running like shit. But, the Walkers were kicking ass and taking notes so you were lucky to avoid their monster vert. It was so sticky at LACR for this meet that my car bogged and ran a 13.5 on my first run. Several people got stuck on the track and had to be towed off because their engines were not powerful enough to turn their tires in the trac compound. There was a stiff headwind and it was hot, but hook was not an issue. Too bad you couldn't make it. It was the best that LACR has been in a long time.

Sorry P.
We would not of made it to the Track on time at all :nonono:
I'll make it up to you :D

Cam, My car feel's so much better :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:cryying:

I knew it :bash:
Sorry P. Didnt mean to commit & not show. Just time was not in our favor at all :nonono: We would not of gotten there till past 5pm if we were lucky.

stang99

They started running about 5:30 and ran until 10. There were lots of opportunities to run. But, it is a long way away for you guys to come to LACR. There will be other meets where they prep the track, although this was a great opportunity since there were not too many cars at the track. They treated us all like royality. LACR favors domestics and Chevys, but they will tolerate Fords. You should have seen the Walkers. They were literally signing autographs. I wa hiding in shame in the background and I was actually pleased that SonicVenum did not show since he would have beaten me down to the ground.

:cryying:

I knew it :bash:
Sorry P. Didnt mean to commit & not show. Just time was not in our favor at all :nonono: We would not of gotten there till past 5pm if we were lucky.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
Walker's in the 12's at LACR!!!

Dad- 12.905@104
Junior-12.798@107

it twas a mighty good day, you all should have been there, cause we broght water and soda for all...

stang99

I expected you to post your times and your dad's times in giant caps all over SVTPerformance.com. Mightly amount of restraint on your part. If I hadn't been hating on you all for running faster and better than I could, I might even have congratulated you both. If we hadn't of talked your dad out of putting 12.90 as his dial in, he might have won the trophy too, since he ran right at that number two runs in a row. But, he was so happy to run two 12.9's that he didn't really care about the trophy. It was sort of a downer that his kid jumped in his car and made a better run. Some people just don't respect the elderly I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: Walker's in the 12's at LACR!!!

Originally posted by amwalker
Dad- 12.905@104
Junior-12.798@107

it twas a mighty good day, you all should have been there, cause we broght water and soda for all...

Dont tell me ur dad came in second place again?

:eek: :eek:

stang99

If we had been competeting, his dad would have come in third place. But since we were just running against the clock it wasn't important who won......
BTW: I have this bridge in NY or SF that I can sell you really cheap if yoy believe what I just wrote

Users who are viewing this thread