Childhood toys/games which you remember fondly.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Black frame, white skyway mags "Hustler Pro" freestyle bike about the age of 12...loved that bike!

View attachment 1778246

Hell yeah! I had a blue Mongoose with the motomags. Loved that bike. I asked my dad to buy it for my birthday. In 1977 he said there was no way in hell he was buying me a $160 BMX bike. I asked if I paid half would he pay the other half. He said yes. I mowed grass and washed cars like crazy to raise $80. Was a great day when I got that bike.

Then several years later it was stolen. That bike is worth a couple grand today. SHIT........

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
D86B3E40-DB3F-4FCF-82CF-08E8899710BB.jpeg

Got it in'68. Wish I had kept it, but when the driver's license came along I couldn't have cared less.

Morgan

Established Member
Hell yeah! I had a blue Mongoose with the motomags. Loved that bike. I asked my dad to buy it for my birthday. In 1977 he said there was no way in hell he was buying me a $160 BMX bike. I asked if I paid half would he pay the other half. He said yes. I mowed grass and washed cars like crazy to raise $80. Was a great day when I got that bike.

Then several years later it was stolen. That bike is worth a couple grand today. SHIT........
I have an almost identical story but years later when GT was a leading brand and prices were higher.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
View attachment 1778271

Got it in'68. Wish I had kept it, but when the driver's license came along I couldn't have cared less.
Banana seat and shifter. They don't make 'em like that anymore. I think the only way the younger generation knows about stuff like this now is through that show Stranger Things LOL.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
You can tell we are on SVTP

When I was little you were cool if you just knew someone who had the Flagg.

But aparently along with our super model girlfriends everyone had the USS Flagg.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy crap you guys bring back a lot of childhood memories LOL. Especially with the Big Wheel.

I had all kinds of stuff growing up that you guys mention. However, some of the stuff I had that you guys have not mentioned include the following:

I remember getting this field goal kicking game. It was awesome until my brother put the kicker so far back he had to whack the S#!T out of the kickers head that he literally broke the kickers leg. That was the end of that game LMAO!!!

Do you guys remember this one? Took like a half hour to get everything set up and then you flip the switch just to watch all the players vibrate in a circle? LMAO!!!!
View attachment 1778222
My brother and I played with our vibrating football game often. Adjusting the tiny vibrating thin pieces under the bases when designing a play, both offense and defense, was hit and miss. I DO remember our player too often just spun around in circles. LOL. Fun game!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
G.I. Joes
s-l600.jpg

Transformers
Optimus-Prime-1.jpg

Nintendo
5a26e8203dbef471018ba256

Hotwheels
View attachment 1778213
Super Soakers
mag-04WMT-t_CA0-superJumbo.jpg
Sold all my GI Joes, including most of the original 13, plus 1st and 2nd gen vehicles and such a few years ago. A local 80s collector bought them all. Non-swivel grip wrists, no broken thumbs etc etc. Got $1500 and was pleased with that as I just didn't have the time to go through and sell a piece at a time.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Sold all my GI Joes, including most of the original 13, plus 1st and 2nd gen vehicles and such a few years ago. A local 80s collector bought them all. Non-swivel grip wrists, no broken thumbs etc etc. Got $1500 and was pleased with that as I just didn't have the time to go through and sell a piece at a time.

He got a good deal, you’re happy.

Win win.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
GI Joes.

I got a BMX bike at the age of 5 and taught myself how to ride it without training wheels.

I was a free range kid. I did not have many toys but I did have the freedom to explore with very little supervision.

I remember me and the homies riding clear across town when I was 6. Parents were insane lol. I think the oldest of the group was 10?

patc84

Established Member
Here is my technic collection currently.

I have a Spacex falcon 9 and Falcon heavy in the que to build, as well as the GT500, and got the F&F skyline otw too.

Attachments

• technic1.png
    technic1.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 56
  • technic2.png
    technic2.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread