Childhood toys/games which you remember fondly.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll go.

1.) Sizzlers. The matchbox cars that were battery powered and held about a 1 minute charge. The charging station was a 4 D cell battery “gas pump”

2. ) Verti-bird helicopter. Probably my all time favorit.

3.) Legos. Not the kits which make something specific.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Johnny Express and Legos.
62368772_1_x.jpg

LS WUT

Established Member
I remember growing up extremely poor. My mother died when she was 37. I was 9 at the time. However my dad was never around, but he made “okay” money. So we would get the occasional toys and such. I’ve kept every game console I ever got. I still have my original Nintendo, and Super Nintendo. duck hunt was my favorite game. I still have them in my closet. I still bring it out occasionally and play Super Mario,

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Etch a sketch
Big Wheels - preschool had 2. It was a mad rush and turned into an all out brawl trying to get one of the two. Otherwise you were stuck with that shitty pedal fire truck that was slow as shit.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
BB gun when i was about 7, had a bit of fun in the backyard, and even managed not to shoot my eye out.

Little younger than that I had an air powered rocket, where you step on a big air filled tube that would shoot a nerf rocket into the sky. Always fascinated me lol. Ended up going from that to Estees rockets when i was about 8, built and launched a ton of them. Then gas powered airplanes and helicopters when i was 9. Been into R/C stuff ever since.

Then the usual game systems all kids loved. Got the first playstation in 1995, and played the hell out of that thing for weeks.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Well growing up in Ohio that was the backyard and HQ territory of Kenner. So mostly Star Wars in the very late 1978-79 then to Mask in 1985-87. Always liked they was actually on Good Year rubber! Yes Kenner and Good Year in Akron Ohio did a co op when Kenner launched Mask in 1985.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I got this guy when I was a bout 2 or 3 and remember it oddly as if it was yesterday. Shot an axe out of it's hand. I don't have it but this one I just found off Ebay. Must be around 47-48 years old.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember all those. I had both Matchbox and Hot Wheels stuff. The Lite Brite was my sisters I think.

Haha yeah, ours was my sister's too.

I also miss building car models like I used to. I was pretty good at them back in the day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm, growing up in the late 1950s was very different. Indoor games and toys? Not much, but I do remember cowboys & indians and Army soldier sets. We'd build a miniature "battlefield" and arrange the two opposing sides. I remember reading comic books (all the kids did then), reading Hardy Boys books, strapping on my holder and cap gun and having a neighborhood good guys vs. bad guys shootout with the bad guys hiding and the good guys had to find them. Backyard wiffle ball and even backyard baseball/football was popular in my neighborhood. Bike riding was big, and popular, because road traffic was minimal compared to today. At 10-12 years old it was common for us to bike 10-20 miles to another town/city. Somehow we always knew the way home. LOL. I don't remember any board games. We did, though, collect baseball cards and sometimes compete flipping the cards to win cards from other kids. Someone would flip a card and you'll try to land on it. If you did, you won the opponent's card.
il_340x270.4575469247_fdwt.jpg

il_340x270.4246524856_85lv.jpg

il_340x270.4065995042_mck1.jpg

il_340x270.4437261648_ej8a.jpg

il_340x270.4540938940_dj9x.jpg

il_340x270.4416421986_doia.jpg

61booPceYNL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn forgot about Atari - pitfall, centipede. My friend had Journey Escape - thought is was so cool.

Also - how many had the old dial cable boxes when they first came out? And how many stuck the folded paper in between the dial so that you could get a glimpse of the premium channels and possibly see a nipple on a weekend night? Lol

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Lots of bike riding and playing "war" with cap guns and such. We rode our bikes 3-4 miles to town just to drink water out of the water fountain at the library. Made ramps and bike trails and did all kinds of crazy stuff. Backyard basketball with the neighborhood friends and at the only friend's house that had a concrete driveway. He also had an additional acre so we played backyard baseball as well.

As far as toys, GI Joe mainly. Comic books and baseball cards. A few transformers but I quickly outgrew them.

Matchbox/HotWheels cars.

Making a "clubhouse" out of small trees and saplings we cut down at the neighbor's lot (flood zone, he told us to do what we wanted).

Good times right there.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Favorite toy was probably my mini 4 wheeler or an RC car. Also really liked my bicycles and guitar.

Favorite game was Spin the Bottle. Duh!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread