Childhood toys/games which you remember fondly.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Somewhere I've got a picture of me with my first car, circa 1962...

1675115783557.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that's a '60s toy I'd never seen. But one I would love to have had as a kid. I would imagine most 11-12 year old kids back in 1960 would have loved to own that. Just a mere few of years before they went for their license.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The best Christmas present that I can remember from my childhood was a 3-speed Royce Union bike (black). This would have been maybe 1960. My brother who was 3 years younger than me got the same bike. We took them outside on our snow covered street to try them out. LOL. I remember that Spring/Summer going for 10-30 mile trips (one way) with our new bikes. Fortunately car traffic back then was minimal compared to today.

It was this model, but in black and white.
dafeb8164e8d4e50baa291156226727c.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember being pumped when I unwrapped this from under the tree, my freshman year of high school.
1675188581395.png

I used that ****in stencil on every grocery bag book cover I had on my books :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Headbang Rocking Out GIF

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
This was another fun, yet hazardous toy I enjoyed using.

View attachment 1778907
I remember this shit quite well, I seemed to always screw it up unless my dad was helping me.

I had a stretch arm strong that was probably my favorite non-video game toy, don't know what happened to it but it didn't make the move to our new house when I was 5.

This thread jogged my memory. The neighbor across the street had a garage sale, his boys were at least 6 (maybe 8) years older than myself. He was selling some of their old toys. I saw a set of 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were massive, like not fun to play with because they were too big. He wanted $10 for them and I convinced my mom to give me the money. I never really played with them and I have no idea where they ended up. I was probably 8 when I got them.

At least 15 years later I went to my parents place to hang out and the neighbors wife came and knocked on the door to help move furniture inside their house. The husband was in terrible health and was stuck in a wheelchair. I hadn't lived in the neighborhood for 4 years, and I hadn't even seen him for probably 10. I walked into the house, he was sitting there and said incredibly harsh "better still have the toys."

I was so confused, had no clue what he was talking about but just pulled out a "yeah, I think they are in the basement."

Took me like 2 years to realize what the hell he was talking about, and it was those massive TTNJ action figures. They must be worth something now, or they were then for that response.

Dude was a dick, didn't say another word, not even a thank you for moving what turned out to be an entire bedroom worth of shit to the garage.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Oh yes the book covers I did the USAF in High School that had the twin F-15's and the lead was starting his break from formation and showing the underside with 4 Sparrows and 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders. I would grab like 8 of them use them and in 3 months grab another 8 to replace them as they wore out at the corners badly!!!

Users who are viewing this thread