• GMC Typhoon

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • 1996 Mystic

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dusten

Established Member
Any of these would stay mostly stock. Mild bolt one at best. It would be a rig to just cruise in. Go to shows. I have a fast rig and a newer daily type. Plan is to buy next year.

Which would you have(vote) and explain if you want.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Price range OP?

Typhoon is a great choice.

I’d probably take a 1987 Buick GNX or an R32/R33 Skyline GTR.

So many options but depends on budget.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

No offense but Ive seen tons of R32/33 Skylines and see a GNX on a daily basis. OP needs that AWD 90s badassery that few have heard about, less have seen Typhoon

Dusten

Established Member
GMC Typhoon and be prepared to work on it.
I have zero qualms with working on a rig. It comes with the territory.

Price range OP?

Typhoon is a great choice.

I’d probably take a 1987 Buick GNX or an R32/R33 Skyline GTR.

So many options but depends on budget.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I have zero desire to own a skyline. The local scene sucks and would ruin ownership not to mention I just dont like them.

A gnx is a 40-50k dollar car. A gn is in budget, but not something I want at this time.

Budget is 20-25k

A mystic is high on my list because I love the sn95. I'm odd like that.

DRTYAPE_SRT

Established Member
Check out the sy/ty groups on FB and put out a want ad if that the route you go, you can find low mileage trucks still
That haven’t been bought by flippers and priced out of the market. A 20k mile typhoon is not worth $30+.

I had an opportunity to buy a 34k mile teal 92 for $15,000 a few years back but a flipper bought it out from under me and it was up for sale again a week later for double that amount.

Also almost pulled the trigger on a black/grey 93 with 38k miles for $16,800.

So if you keep your eyes open and have some of the gurus point you in the right direction you can land a really nice Ty at a fair price. I would never pay some of the insane asking prices that some of these collector car dealers are asking.

Good Luck if you go with the GMC, one of the coolest vehicles ever IMO.

http://www.sportmachines.com/

Dusten

Established Member
Check out the sy/ty groups on FB and put out a want ad if that the route you go, you can find low mileage trucks still
That haven’t been bought by flippers and priced out of the market. A 20k mile typhoon is not worth $30+.

I had an opportunity to buy a 34k mile teal 92 for $15,000 a few years back but a flipper bought it out from under me and it was up for sale again a week later for double that amount.

Also almost pulled the trigger on a black/grey 93 with 38k miles for $16,800.

So if you keep your eyes open and have some of the gurus point you in the right direction you can land a really nice Ty at a fair price. I would never pay some of the insane asking prices that some of these collector car dealers are asking.

Good Luck if you go with the GMC, one of the coolest vehicles ever IMO.

http://www.sportmachines.com/

I've joined a syty group on FB. Read the buyers guides and follow sportmachines on social media. I have a set of their lightning wheels on my truck.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
With those choices, there is only one choice.

Typhoon.

If you can't find a good one that you like, a Syclone is the only alternative.

Personally, I'd rather have a Syclone.

Machdup1

Established Member
With a budget of $20-25k, I would find a clean terminator; however, if that isn’t your cup of tea, I would get the mystic.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I have zero qualms with working on a rig. It comes with the territory.

I have zero desire to own a skyline. The local scene sucks and would ruin ownership not to mention I just dont like them.

A gnx is a 40-50k dollar car. A gn is in budget, but not something I want at this time.

Budget is 20-25k

A mystic is high on my list because I love the sn95. I'm odd like that.

I actually prefer the 98 BAB Cobra over mystic and I like mystic. Dusten are you looking for old skool? Or
More modern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
Deloreans are for whacky ass people who know nothing about cars but think people care about them at car shows... Much like the Chevy SSR crowd.

Tough choice between the Typhoon and mystic but the mustang has more all around potential so thats my vote

stvdman

Established Member
The Mystic is really about the paint. I like it better than Mystichrome. Cleaned and out in the sun or under bright lights at night its amazing.

I would rock a Syclone way over a Typhoon.

Syclone or Mystic.......Syclone. And I am not a GM type, but that thing is/was the shit. Its status as a collectible and mystique will only grow.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just saw a pristine Typhoon yesterday. It's one of those vehicles that makes me do a double take since I rarely see them.
Nothing wrong with a Mystic, but you already have a Mustang. Love the paint, but I'd probably cry if a rock hit it.
Delorean's only good at taking up space and collecting dust. Doesn't go, doesn't stop, doesn't turn, doesn't even look good IMO.

Dusten

Established Member
With those choices, there is only one choice.

Typhoon.

If you can't find a good one that you like, a Syclone is the only alternative.

Personally, I'd rather have a Syclone.

A sysclone is off. I have my kids a lot and it's a ****ing nightmare as it because the lightning has 2 seats. I don't need another rig I can't drive.

With a budget of $20-25k, I would find a clean terminator; however, if that isn’t your cup of tea, I would get the mystic.

I've never wanted an 03-04.

I actually prefer the 98 BAB Cobra over mystic and I like mystic. Dusten are you looking for old skool? Or
More modern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at the three rigs I posted. So I guess modern-ish?
Also, I'm not a fan of blue unless it's very dark.

Deloreans are for whacky ass people who know nothing about cars but think people care about them at car shows... Much like the Chevy SSR crowd.

Tough choice between the Typhoon and mystic but the mustang has more all around potential so thats my vote

Read my comments about the cars purpose... Car shows and weekend cruises. It's a great car for that.
Potential for what?

The Mystic is really about the paint. I like it better than Mystichrome. Cleaned and out in the sun or under bright lights at night its amazing.

I would rock a Syclone way over a Typhoon.

Syclone or Mystic.......Syclone. And I am not a GM type, but that thing is/was the shit. Its status as a collectible and mystique will only grow.

No syclones. I already have a fast, 2 seat truck.

Just saw a pristine Typhoon yesterday. It's one of those vehicles that makes me do a double take since I rarely see them.
Nothing wrong with a Mystic, but you already have a Mustang. Love the paint, but I'd probably cry if a rock hit it.
Delorean's only good at taking up space and collecting dust. Doesn't go, doesn't stop, doesn't turn, doesn't even look good IMO.

Mystics are incredibly easy to paint. So a rock chip isn't that scary. And I like the deloreans appearance.

Last edited:

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
I vote Mystic. I never see those. FYI there are 3 typhoons that occasionally make it to Griot's Garage Cars & Coffee events down here in Tacoma.

Users who are viewing this thread