Chrome Factory Wheels

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Anyone out there with a '93 Cobra have their factory wheels chromed? I am considered getting my factory wheels chromed and I am looking for others who have done the same. I would like to know: who you got to do it, approximate cost and how satisfied you were with the quality. I have seen alot of chromed wheels that started peeling almost immediately and looked like crap. I want something that will look great and last. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I have looked into polishing mine. I always thought that was a better option than chrome. If you just polish what is already there, there will not be anything to peel off. I had a set of polished aluminum wheels on another stang, and I was really pleased with them.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
C'mon somebody out there has to have chromed their '93 Cobra wheels, I am seeking sage advice from those in the know...so how about it??:D

QuickStangs

Established Member
I had mine chromed two years ago for 500.00. They look sharp! No peeling or chipping yet go for it:D Check out my link.

QuickStangs

Established Member
Went to a shop that sales rims they sent them out to a place in L.A. that does chrome plating. I was not too pleased with the way they took care of me. It was supposed to take them a week instead it took me two months to get them back. I was not too happy with that, the rims came out nice. You can go to any wheel shop they normally send them somewhere else for the chrome plating. There are a few places there in Cali. that does chrome plating good luck:rolling:

93cobra777

Established Member
hey man, im in charlotte too, go to punchy's in concord. i know he would either have a set to trade or could send yours off to be plated. probably be rather pricey though but that would look really good

93 red snake

Established Member
mine are polished and clear powdercoated ( will not waterspot and u do not have to polish them) and if i want to have them painted back like stock i can. i had them done on the inside and out. it cost me $360.

Last edited:

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 93cobra777
hey man, im in charlotte too, go to punchy's in concord. i know he would either have a set to trade or could send yours off to be plated. probably be rather pricey though but that would look really good

Good advice, I have already checked out Punchy. He is expensive for a set but no more so than anyone else. I live in Concord, where in Charlotte do you live? Send me an email sometime.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 93 red snake
mine are polished and clear powdercoated ( will not waterspot and u do not have to polish them) and if i want to have them painted back like stock i can. i had them done on the inside and out. it cost me $360.

Those wheels look great. I might consider polish and coating mine but I think I will go the chrome route. I want to purchase a set of the NOS '93 Cobra wheels to put up for future use. Thanks for the advice.:D

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
I dont mean to steal the thread but since we're on the topic, does anyone know if you can have small scratches (from curb) taken out somehow, then recoated to origional look?

QuickStangs

Established Member
You can blend it out with a small fine file or have the shop do it for you. I blended out mine came out good.It also depends how deep the scatches are.

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by QuickStangs
You can blend it out with a small fine file or have the shop do it for you. I blended out mine came out good.It also depends how deep the scatches are.

The latest is kinda deep, but not real bad. Ill have to look into that. Thanks.:thumbsup:

red93cobra

Banned
$375 to chrome all 4 wheels and caps, and $25 to fix a ding in one of the wheels before chroming. Came out great. It got done about 2 years ago. Easy maintenance, no bubbles or anything.

Snake_93

Established Member
Hey 93Cobra#908 where did you have that done in phoenix? I might have to look into the shop that did yours.

red93cobra

Banned
Originally posted by Snake_93
Hey 93Cobra#908 where did you have that done in phoenix? I might have to look into the shop that did yours.

No, it was done by Santa Ana Plating in So Cal. I just moved here from ca, and the wheels were already done.

Users who are viewing this thread