Chrome Yellow 98 Cobra Coupe

03CobraRed

Established Member
I bet she drives beautiful, I just worry about the rings getting even worse 1000-5000 miles later. Im really picky, especially being so far away. Would you object to me getting it cheaked out by an ASE mechanic local to you?

Here is my problem, I honestly dont have one that I would let touch the car within 60 or 70 miles from me and I have ZERO time to get anything done with it.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Bump for a clean car, i love cy thats what i painted my first truck 82 chevy s10 with a ford color haha.

Black03WPB

Established Member
What if myself and the shop accept responsibility for the car while its being checked out? I really, really want this car but the engine really has me worried

u n v kenny

Established Member
Car looks so sick! Don't sell it!

Whoever buys it looks like they're getting a HELL of a deal!

03CobraRed

Established Member
What if myself and the shop accept responsibility for the car while its being checked out? I really, really want this car but the engine really has me worried

I really need this thing gone here. If anything were to happen to the car at a shop around here I wouldn't want it back.

The price is $10,500 as is, if there is something wrong with the motor, theres the discount from 13K.

I bought the car EXACTLY the way it is now and the motor has never had one hiccup in the 5 or 6K that I have put on it.

The reason for the discounted price is because the motor has blow by which everybody is scared of. NOBODY will find a cleaner 98 with all the mods that this car has for this price. Hell 10.5 is a good price for a roller like this car! lol

By the way the 10.5 price is only good for this week, it is my only window of opportunity to do what I need to do.

707RIDAH

Established Member

Hell, I was really interested in the car as well but if the owner will not let anyone look the car over for problems I would be a little hesitant as well....

03CobraRed

Established Member
I will let anybody look the car over, drive it, take it on the highway, do some WOT pulls but I am not interested in having some half wit mechanic in my area touch the car and me wind up with a problem that somebody else caused.

The only shop here that I will trust is over an hour away from me.

CobraJay

Established Member
Damn, your making it too hard for anyone to even THINK about picking this badboy up. I'll pick it up right this second if the motor didn't have that problem. My fav CY Cobra... Good luck tho man. Hope it turns out ok

Black03WPB

Established Member
I will let anybody look the car over, drive it, take it on the highway, do some WOT pulls but I am not interested in having some half wit mechanic in my area touch the car and me wind up with a problem that somebody else caused.

The only shop here that I will trust is over an hour away from me.

Like I said, I am more than willing to accept responsibility, legally, for the car if they mess something up. It really seems like you're trying to hide something, and combine that with the blow by, I have to say the motor is on it's way out. You know it and I know it... I'll pass.

I sold a classic 69 SS 396 all original Camaro to a guy, and he had an ASE mechanic I had never even heard of check it out.. and that was a $41,000 classic camaro! I do not see the big deal trying to sell a 1998 Mustang Cobra for $10,500 if you are THAT desperate to get rid of it. I'll pay all the fees, all you have to do is drop the car off for the afternoon and let him take a look at it. That's it. They won't harm the car, they won't do anything.. ASE is not some weekend test you can take, it's a pretty strict certification.

Last edited:

03CobraRed

Established Member
Like I said, I am more than willing to accept responsibility, legally, for the car if they mess something up. It really seems like you're trying to hide something, and combine that with the blow by, I have to say the motor is on it's way out. You know it and I know it... I'll pass.

I sold a classic 69 SS 396 all original Camaro to a guy, and he had an ASE mechanic I had never even heard of check it out.. and that was a $41,000 classic camaro! I do not see the big deal trying to sell a 1998 Mustang Cobra for $10,500 if you are THAT desperate to get rid of it. I'll pay all the fees, all you have to do is drop the car off for the afternoon and let him take a look at it. That's it. They won't harm the car, they won't do anything.. ASE is not some weekend test you can take, it's a pretty strict certification.

Not hiding anything, its time sensitive on when the car has to go. The reason the price is 10,500 is because everybody thinks it has a problem. If everybody thought the car was perfect in every way I wouldnt have come off my original asking price of 13K. Think of it this way, even if you would have to rebuild the motor (which you dont, and eventually EVERY blown 96-98 Cobra needs a rebuild at some point) you are still ahead of what I bought it for less than a year ago.

My only reason for planning a rebuild was because I was going to be making a big boost car out of this and my plans changed. I started another company and it takes all of my time and because of the company I need to take care of some other things financially. I would gladly buy this car back from somebody after a year or so with this exact motor in it and I will put that in writing and sign the dotted line.

The motor has blow by, show me a Vortech'd stock mustang that will not develop that at some point?

I bought this car May 25th 2008 in the exact condition it is in new and made somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500 in repairs and upgrades. The car does not run any different than the day I bought it, if anything it runs better. I would sell this car to my best friend with no worries!

Last edited:

Black03WPB

Established Member
So you would be willing to give say a 10,000 mile guarantee on the motor? meaning, as long as the car is kept in it's exact current condition, you genuinely believe it will not be ruined?

03CobraRed

Established Member
So you would be willing to give say a 10,000 mile guarantee on the motor? meaning, as long as the car is kept in it's exact current condition, you genuinely believe it will not be ruined?

I honestly do believe that, however with a modified mustang I have no way to knowing how the current owner would be driving the car. You can take a stock motor blown car and ruin it fast if its not driven correctly or abused. I still jump on the car all the time and it performs awesome.

Like I said before I would drive this car cross country and leave tonight and have no problem expecting it to drive to california and make it back perfectly fine. If I didnt need the cash this moment I would gladly let the buyer hold back $1,000.00 in an escrow account until the car drove home. However once the new owner has it I have no way of knowing if they are bouncing the car off rev limiter or redlining it every streetlight.

I would sell this car with no qualms to my best friend, neighbor, boss or whoever close to me because I know its a reliable car.

I am in the boat brokerage business and have many references as the most ethical broker out there. If I was hiding something, would I have really said that the car has some blow by? I would think that if there was something to be "hidden" I wouldn't mention it in the first sentence of a for sale ad. :shrug:

Black03WPB

Established Member
I would think that if there was something to be "hidden" I wouldn't mention it in the first sentence of a for sale ad. :shrug:

Its just your responses to a couple of things about the video that was posted, and some comments that were made " in jest " That's all.

I've decided I will move on from this, because better safe than sorry IMO, but I do wish you well and hope you get good money for it. It's a beautiful car and I honestly was already looking up shipping costs.. I wont clutter up your thread anymore.

03CobraRed

Established Member
Its just your responses to a couple of things about the video that was posted, and some comments that were made " in jest " That's all.

I've decided I will move on from this, because better safe than sorry IMO, but I do wish you well and hope you get good money for it. It's a beautiful car and I honestly was already looking up shipping costs.. I wont clutter up your thread anymore.

About what video?

Black03WPB

Established Member
About what video?

I'll let the person that informed me of it post exactly where it was. He would be able to answer things much better than i could.
edit: this video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxIfA6rdXEc"]YouTube - DSCF9419[/ame]

That looks like a lot of smoke to me man

edit: vvv I would have paypal'd him a down payment as well if it weren't for the blow by, and than finding that thread as well. $10,500 for that car as it sits is a smoking deal, because the car is absolutely gorgeous. Best deal I have found minus that 97 Cobra with the built engine, 80,000 miles and a Vortech V2 for $9000 cash. Incredible.

Last edited:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I honestly do believe that, however with a modified mustang I have no way to knowing how the current owner would be driving the car. You can take a stock motor blown car and ruin it fast if its not driven correctly or abused. I still jump on the car all the time and it performs awesome.

Like I said before I would drive this car cross country and leave tonight and have no problem expecting it to drive to california and make it back perfectly fine. If I didnt need the cash this moment I would gladly let the buyer hold back $1,000.00 in an escrow account until the car drove home. However once the new owner has it I have no way of knowing if they are bouncing the car off rev limiter or redlining it every streetlight.

I would sell this car with no qualms to my best friend, neighbor, boss or whoever close to me because I know its a reliable car.

I am in the boat brokerage business and have many references as the most ethical broker out there. If I was hiding something, would I have really said that the car has some blow by? I would think that if there was something to be "hidden" I wouldn't mention it in the first sentence of a for sale ad. :shrug:

I have to say 03CobraRed is a genuinely cool guy and seems like a pretty honest person. However, he did contradict himself on a statement he made to me and said some things that I didn't think made any sense. Also the fact that he seems pretty adamant about not letting anyone inspect the car is kind of weird in itself.

Irregardless, the car is beautiful and hopefully someone picks it up, throws a short block in and has fun. The car would have been sitting in my driveway right now if I hadn't found that thread where you said the blow by was getting worse by the day and saw that video.

With that said, I wish you the best of luck in selling the car. :beer:

03CobraRed

Established Member
If somebody wants to come inspect the car themselves go right ahead, I just will not let any shop around here touch it. I don't think you guys understand where I live lol. Everybody knows EVERYBODY here and I trust strangers on this forum more than I trust the people who work at any of the automotive shops around here.

The video the car is spinning and was sitting in my driveway for 5 plus minutes while I dried it off. Do any of your mustangs blow out the condensation or create any tiresmoke/dust when you get on it? Out of several cobras I have owned they all the same thing.

Thing I dont understand is why everybody jumps on me thinking I am hiding stuff about the car. I bought it just like this and nothing has changed since then.

Go buy another 98 that is this nice with a stock motor, spend a ton of money building it with the stock motor and be in the same boat with some blow by in a short period of time when you can buy this one already done, drive it until YOU decide to build the motor to your specs and have the perfect car for under 13K.

I wasted my time with some buyers on this site and lost a serious buyer because a member on here said he was coming to get it today and backed out at the last minute leaving me high and dry.

I even made a price consession to ease his "worries" about the motor to the tune of $1,000.00 meaning he could have had this car for $12,500 with a completely built motor all said and done.

I will even challenge that there is not a nicer 98 on this forum and I will put it up against any of them.

03CobraRed

Established Member
$10,500 for that car as it sits is a smoking deal, because the car is absolutely gorgeous. Best deal I have found minus that 97 Cobra with the built engine, 80,000 miles and a Vortech V2 for $9000 cash. Incredible.

So buy it!

Users who are viewing this thread