Circumstantial Evidence of the Future R Market

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
cobra186 said:
Just another item that should give more "circumstantial evidence" of where the late model collector car market is headed.. There were nearly 5 times the # of these built than a 93R and look where prices are already at/headed towards.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...05QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6137QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It only goes to prove, anyone can ask anything for anything. It's what they sell for that really sets the tone.

Keep in mind there are always a handful of people willing to spend stupid money on shit they have no clue what the value is?! :idea:

svt2205

Established Member
FWIW, not sure if you're aware, but prices on GNX's have been high since day one.

If you look a GNX up in the CPI Value Guide, a #2 car, their top listing is 85K vs last year at this time of 54K. Big jump, but still commanding higher numbers to start with.

Dealers sold these for over double MSRP.

Got to love that GM Velour interior.... I'd surely take one of these over my 93 anyday.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
svt2205 said:
FWIW, not sure if you're aware, but prices on GNX's have been high since day one.

If you look a GNX up in the CPI Value Guide, a #2 car, their top listing is 85K vs last year at this time of 54K. Big jump, but still commanding higher numbers to start with.

Dealers sold these for over double MSRP.

Got to love that GM Velour interior.... I'd surely take one of these over my 93 anyday.

I remember, not too long ago (5-7 years) a nice original unmolested GNX with low miles could have been purchased for around $40K. The guys who grew up with these cars are now coming into the $$$. It is only a matter of time. Tick, Tick, Tick.

R

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Should I email the seller and ask for a test drive? :)

Why not... speedometer/odometer is probably disconnected anyways :burnout:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Robert M said:
I remember, not too long ago (5-7 years) a nice original unmolested GNX with low miles could have been purchased for around $40K. The guys who grew up with these cars are now coming into the $$$. It is only a matter of time. Tick, Tick, Tick.

R

There was a low mile GNX posted in the R section within the last 2 years for low 30's... if the search button actually worked I would try to find it.

Ultra low mile GNX have been hung in the 40-50k range for many years with little to no movement. Now they are on a rocket ship it seems

grape

Established Member
<------------ waiting for the next broke dick keyboard commando who would give his left nut for this car to start running his mouth about what a shame it is, and these cars should be driven........lol

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I take ebay bidding with a grain of salt....look at the high bidder:

Bidder 3
Registered on eBay: 30 days or less

I'm not saying the car is not worth that amount to the right buyer, all it takes is an eager buyer and a willing seller....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
NJ2000R said:
I take ebay bidding with a grain of salt....look at the high bidder:

Bidder 3
Registered on eBay: 30 days or less

I'm not saying the car is not worth that amount to the right buyer, all it takes is an eager buyer and a willing seller....

I agree, the high bidder "could" be a shill in any auction. How about the second high bidder?

R

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Robert M said:
I agree, the high bidder "could" be a shill in any auction. How about the second high bidder? R

who 'really' knows who it is....feedback looks good:

Bidder 1
Registered on eBay: More than 5 years

bidding on multiple auctions with multiple sellers:

Item 1 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Buick 4 Seller 1 4d 17h
Item 2 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Buick 3 Seller 2 <1h
Item 3 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Chevrolet 1 Seller 3 3d 16h
Item 4 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Chevrolet 1 Seller 4 5d 5h
Item 5 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Chevrolet 1 Seller 5 6d 22h
Item 6 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Dodge 3 Seller 6 1d 12h
Item 7 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Dodge 1 Seller 7 16h
Item 8 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Dodge 1 Seller 6 21h
Item 9 Books > Antiquarian & Collectible 15 Seller 8 1h
Item 10 Collectibles > Advertising > Cars 1 Seller 9 4h
Item 11 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Dodge 1 Seller 10 5d 20h

it could be a legitimate collector, it could be the seller with an alternate ID, it could be a friend of the seller, nobody knows but the respective bidder and seller....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Robert M said:
I agree, the high bidder "could" be a shill in any auction. How about the second high bidder?

R

Robert:

It is not out of the realm of possibility to have two or more shill bidders!!

:-D

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Robert:

You mean a seller on ebay could be in cahoots with more than one bidder?:poke: :poke: Scott

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Robert:

I agree, and with the demand in todays world for top quality specialty cars, it is also not out of the realm of possibility that these top tier cars are now approaching the figures that they are currently showing on eBay as a realistic market, which equals to the $$$ "some" are willing to pay. The others who want one of these cars, but are not willing to, or not able to afford cars of this type, in this condition, will have to settle for something in the $$$ range they are willing to spend. Many want cars a little more "used", but as the top cars move upward, so do the lesser $$$ cars.

R

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
I remember when these cars were drag raced. It took the Mustangs about a year to start out-running them (Atlanta Dragway; 1/4 mile). I had a silver '91 coupe with a Paxton. I got tired of outrunning the Buicks and converted my car to road race specs (it already had a rollbar due to NHRA rules).

I never saw a GNX on a road course.

I would guess that the closest thing to a GNX on a road course would be a Winston Cup or Grand National car from that day. Many G-body GM's were used in the 78-87 time period for that type of racing. Did they have road courses at that time? or just left turns? It must have been shortly after this time period when these cars were no longer a "stock car". I remember the Mountain Dew Regal was doing well, I think it was in the earlier 80's.

Has anyone ever seen a 1982 1/2 Grand National? 215 were built. They had the large "BUICK" billboard letters on the rear 1/4 panels, and the car was Charcoal and Silver. I had one of those many years ago. They were rare back in the mid-80's and early 90's, I'm sure they are almost non-existant now. It was not a strong car, no turbo, but very unique. The Buick guys like these type of rareties.

Here is some info.......................

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/aboutgn.htm

There was a time in my life when I could speak "Buick" fluently also, mainly from the GN/T-Type era.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
This is an interesting little tid-bit of real sales info..............

Just in case some were still thinking that the recent 8 original mile GNX eBay auction was a complete shill......................

2nd2-Topphotoshoot001.gif

My guess is that the GNX's quoted as sold in the above paragraphs had more than 8 original miles??

Hummm..........of the two reasons given for possible sales upswings for this car the "second" reason really rings a bell. I wonder who has been saying this repeatedly on this forum?? Tick, Tick, Tick....

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread