CJ 5.0 vs unknown random c6z

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Headed up the highway when I see a Red c6z going to opposite direction thinking damn it! not 2 miles up the road I see a white vette, I pedal a tad to get caught up to him. Low and behold it's white c6z, things are dime a dozen this summer it seems. I get up next to him downshift and begin to slow down. He obliges but I can't hear anything from his car hardly(assuming stock)

We slow down to about 55 and he honks it off, I nose him, grab 3rd put his nose just behind my door, Grab 4th and he was starting to slightly creep back shut her down about 135. Dude gave me a thumbs up busted far right and put his window up. I returned the thumbs up, no doubt those cars are monsters from a roll even in "stock'ish" form! I'm pretty pleased with how it went, would have loved to have ran him from a dig:rockon:

Mods in sig both cars had drivers only.

No Video :bash:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Bs, u r 5.0 didn't keep up with a c6z.
Everyone knows 5.0 needs a blower to keep up! :pop:

:pop:

No doubt he was going to come around on me in time however a decent size curve was ahead. I'm sure my 3.31's really helped me in this situation, RPM for days!
Still crazy what a c6z can do!!

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sweet run man!! Another CJ 3.31 brotha repping the uncommon yet potent roll combo..

I had my first kill against a ZL1 the other mourning.. Really made my day.. Wish the vettes around me liked to play a bit more, get tingly every time I see a c6z. The only reasonably obtainable car I'd trade the 5.0 for.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
nice. do u have headers? been debating a 4c stall and CJ setup next. wanna hold off on headers bc i want to boost it and not sure if ima go turbo or not.

Mach828

Established Member
Good run! Congrats on the match. That is impressive. I bet he thought you have a hair dryer under the hood.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Headed up the highway when I see a Red c6z going to opposite direction thinking damn it! not 2 miles up the road I see a white vette, I pedal a tad to get caught up to him. Low and behold it's white c6z, things are dime a dozen this summer it seems. I get up next to him downshift and begin to slow down. He obliges but I can't hear anything from his car hardly(assuming stock)

We slow down to about 55 and he honks it off, I nose him, grab 3rd put his nose just behind my door, Grab 4th and he was starting to slightly creep back shut her down about 135. Dude gave me a thumbs up busted far right and put his window up. I returned the thumbs up, no doubt those cars are monsters from a roll even in "stock'ish" form! I'm pretty pleased with how it went, would have loved to have ran him from a dig:rockon:

Mods in sig both cars had drivers only.

No Video :bash:

Sounds like you had a good time.

Good work.

Seeing a white C6Z Z06 is pretty rare. They made less than 200 of them ever.

Now a red one on the other hand ....... they made a shit load of red ones!

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
E85, ported CJ intake, custom cai, CJ TB, injectors and a tune beats a C6Z!!

WOW I would definitely like to see that race :rolling:

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
E85, ported CJ intake, custom cai, CJ TB, injectors and a tune beats a C6Z!!

WOW I would definitely like to see that race :rolling:

Rolls off the tongue better when you say 5.0L NA V-8 in 3600lb 4 seater beats 7.0L NA V-8 in 3200lb 2 seater!! ;)

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Video or didn't happen. Did this guy stomp the brakes? Or did you jump on first honk? Or both? Generously saying you are at 420 rwhp with ~3650 curb weight while the more aerodynamic corvette sits at 3200lb with 450 rwhp. Yeah you had him.
Is this him below?
IMG_1254.jpg

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Lol at 420whp...The Stang is probably closer to 450whp with E85, ported CJ intake and TB...Man I love people who have no idea what they're talking about and nutswing on Vettes all day. :)

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
My buddies C6Z damn sure didn't make 450rwhp stock, hell it barely made that with exhaust and a tune. Maybe it was a stingy dyno.... Congrats OP!

Users who are viewing this thread