CJ intake on 2015

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
that I figured out how to post pics. I will post the pics of the boss and cj intakes for comparison

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
I check that theory every weekend with my 2000 hp outlaw drag radial car. tested it with my 99 that went low 5s and tested with my 02 cobra

look at the drag strip and you will see no REAL drag cars with strut tower bars...... again, unless its a road course car it isn't worth any performance gains

Im happy someone is working on a cj intake on the 15, but what 02 cobra do you have?

RSKtakR

Established Member
I was just wanting to keep the strut tower bar because I like to cut up the curves, and there is no drag strip. Just have the occasional race in mexico is as close to rage racing it will ever see.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
definitely makes a dif under cornering/road course.. just buy the brace that us used on the 20" tire cars. it does the same thing essentially since it ties each strut tower to the firewall

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Did we get it hooked up yet? Stock hood? Or prostock hood?

I have a theory, and my theory is...that Ford does not want the 15 and newer GT motored cars competing with the new 526 hp GT350's. Being that a 15 and newer motor (with the better rods and heads) with a full Cobra Jet setup, long tubes, and tuning would fairly close power wise to Ford's new flat plane crank toy.
Just a theory...

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I'm waiting on the parts to show now and I can't get into the shop to have the intake made and have car tuned

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Spoke to the shop today. Install and tuning is set for the 29th of this month should have it back by the 2nd

Laztug

Established Member
Very nice!

Will you be doing any port work to the intake?
What intake tube will you be using to feed this beast?

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
It will be a custom 5 inch prototype that will be for retail sale if this swap does what we think. Not doing any port work to manifold
d5349d74c4e466380a7a475daa9d13d6.jpg

Got everything but the headers here. Headers will arrive Monday

This is the first stage of my modding. I also bought a stage 2 pro charger system done in all black. It's a month out from being sent out to me. I want to max it out on all bolt ons and then ad the blower.

RSKtakR

Established Member
im keeping my eyes peeled for a Boss intake for the CHEAP to throw on my s550. I get the feeling this WILL work.

Laztug

Established Member
Why not turbo the beast?!

Any updates on this? I am a little upset my car stops making power at 6.5k rpm.

ArturoS_zpsnvarbect.png

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Won't be any updates until after it goes in the shop on the 29th. I should have updates around the 4th of July or there about.

I don't want to go turbo for several reasons. But the biggest is I just don't like them. I had an offer from a vendor to get a single custom 76 or 84mm turbo put on the car at a hugely discounted price because they were gonna make jigs to start retailing the kits and turned it down.

Will post more once I have more info

908ssp

Established Member
I don't think you need to worry about pinion angle. One the differential doesn't move with the suspension. two there is a rubber flex joint at the back of the transmission, three there is a CV joint in the middle of the drive shaft, and only one hook joint and it comes after the hanger bearing so the angle of the drive shaft from the bearing to the differential never changes.

On top of that I lowered my engine already 3/4" of an inch and stiffened the trans mount I have not experienced any vibration issues.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I am sorry to say that I won't be doing this project now. I have decided to go procharger stage 2 with an upgrade to a d1 with helical gears in all black. I did however pull the intake and install the intake on my black car before I traded it in for my red one(long story lol)
The intake does fit with the upr drop mounts. I did not have to remove the hood insulation and there was no rubbing.

Sorry if I have disappointed some but the opportunity to go with this kit came up and I took it.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I am sorry to say that I won't be doing this project now. I have decided to go procharger stage 2 with an upgrade to a d1 with helical gears in all black. I did however pull the intake and install the intake on my black car before I traded it in for my red one(long story lol)
The intake does fit with the upr drop mounts. I did not have to remove the hood insulation and there was no rubbing.

Sorry if I have disappointed some but the opportunity to go with this kit came up and I took it.

how much did you have to drop the motor/motor mounts for it to clear closing the hood?

Laztug

Established Member
What a shame, I was looking forward to this build.
Will they still be offering a CJ cai for the 2015 mustang?
Are you not able to run the CJ intake with the procharger?

Users who are viewing this thread