Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Customize

Votes: 38 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
If you had a classic car that need a restoration which would you choose to do?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
It depends, if it was something rare say Boss mustang, Z28 Camaro, big block Corvette, etc. Something that is a diserable car in stock appearance then I would go original. If it was just a plain mustang, plain whatever then I would keep the appearance mostly stock, but update the driveline.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
It depends, if it was something rare say Boss mustang, Z28 Camaro, big block Corvette, etc. Something that is a diserable car in stock appearance then I would go original. If it was just a plain mustang, plain whatever then I would keep the appearance mostly stock, but update the driveline.

+65000

TOtally depends. My 65 Koupe was 95% original and I intended it keep it that way. :beer:

upside

AWD V8
Established Member

agreed. :beer:

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
Hehehe, getting NOS (new old stock) stuff was like Christmas for my buddy and his GNX. Sprucing up a gorgeous car and restoring it to its natural state would be more to me than loading it down with shit. If we're talking simple things like a more efficient carb or a better rear end, than yes, I can appreciate that - but custom interior and crazy sound setups don't really do anything to the appeal for me.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Our 69 Camaro will be completely customized - LSx motor, T56, updated suspension and wheels, the works. It started life as a 305/3spd, no need to keep it original.

SpectorV

Established Member
there are many classics that are a dime a dozen so its all up to you, now on something rare then I would want to restore it.

5point0guy

Established Member
Like was said before, if it's a rare, low production car then I'd keep it stock and restore it. If it's in kinda bad shape and there's nothing really valuable about it, then I'd swap the drivetrain, suspension, brakes, etc.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Agree with most of the opinions, keep it relatively stock if it's decent in stock form. Though I'd replace stockers with Focals and a small box with a w3 or something in it. I'm not too big on numbers matching though, I have a feeling I'd want to upgrade no matter the situation.

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
If it's nothing special like said above, do what you want. I have a thing for original interiors so mine will have a stock interior, but the exterior will be custom. I'm filling in the side markers, modifying the rear bumper and lowering the suspension with larger wheels.

4MuscleMachines

Established Member
Whatever one decides is OK, it all depends on your taste and what you want to get out of owning one. Original does nothing for me, I like to drive them hard, that is why I completely Pro-toured my 71 Boss 351, 70 Boss 302, and 69 Camaro SS. In the end, I am never selling them so value is not an issue for me.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Resto-mod all the way! Unless it's an ultra rare car, then I'd sell that and use the proceeds to buy a less rare model and then mod that!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
too broad of a question......

resto mod is cool..just costs money...if money was no object than I'd probably resto mod most cars out there today...

however, anything early 60's and older I'd probably keep stock. Nothing better than a big 50's cruiser.

tribalightning

2 MUCH TRQ
Established Member
For the most part car guys are on the same page.....if its rare and needs restoring go as original as possible.....if its numbers matching keep the originals if you have to mod....if its nothing special, have at it :thumbsup:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
only if its a rare car thats worth more being restored/original as opposed to modded.

of course, you can always go modded, then if you get bored, then go full original.

M3xpress

Established Member
I mean if we are talking about restoring a 1930s Duesenberg then keep it original, everything else I'd rather have custom/modified...my own car.

Users who are viewing this thread