Clearly an honest man - thanks Lightning Larry !!!

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Back in March 2006, I bought a 'complete' Lightning harness from Lightning Larry with the thought of having it for a spare should the need ever arise. I never even opened the box after it got here - just put it away in storage for whenever the time should arise to open it.
Just recently opened it to help out another Lightning owner and found that the engine harness is missing and the dash harness was chopped up / wire-crimped back together in places. Obviously, Larry had gotten this box like this and hadn't checked it either and just passed it on to me when the time came that he wouldn't need it - nothing intended - just accepting that it was complete.
When I notified him of the problem, he immediately refunded me 1/2 of the total cost (joint decision) with no fuss or bother - AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION !!!!!!

There are those on other boards and some here that may disparage Larry for some things, but you can never dispute his honesty, integrity or character - I'll stand up and fight any person that says otherwise.

Thanks again, Larry.

Bird

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
that was the right thing to do , you got half of the wires, you get half your money back. Originally I thought you meant you returned the wires and he refunded half, but now see you kept the chopped up harness with splices.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Back in March 2006, I bought a 'complete' Lightning harness from Lightning Larry with the thought of having it for a spare should the need ever arise. I never even opened the box after it got here - just put it away in storage for whenever the time should arise to open it.
Just recently opened it to help out another Lightning owner and found that the engine harness is missing and the dash harness was chopped up / wire-crimped back together in places. Obviously, Larry had gotten this box like this and hadn't checked it either and just passed it on to me when the time came that he wouldn't need it - nothing intended - just accepting that it was complete.
When I notified him of the problem, he immediately refunded me 1/2 of the total cost (joint decision) with no fuss or bother - AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION !!!!!!

There are those on other boards and some here that may disparage Larry for some things, but you can never dispute his honesty, integrity or character - I'll stand up and fight any person that says otherwise.

Thanks again, Larry.

Bird

Thanks Walt.:beer::beer:;-) .Sorry about the mix-up.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
that was the right thing to do , you got half of the wires, you get half your money back. Originally I thought you meant you returned the wires and he refunded half, but now see you kept the chopped up harness with splices.

Yep - chopped / spliced / extra wires spliced in / even had a 12v plug that plugged into the cig lighter and spliced into the harness to restore 12v back to circuits - really something I could use...........(yeah right) :dw:

If Larry asked for it back, I'd be more than happy to send it back - I'm sure he has use for a piece of crap interior harness.

I suggest that instead of trying to pick this thread apart, you get a life and accept it for what it is - kudos for a good, honest man.

Bird

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread