Close call, thought I lost the car....

PJM99

Established Member
So this morning I logged on to our local Mustang club's website, www.lmmc-ct.com, and the first topic in the forum was about a garage fire and everyone was wishing me the best that my car was okay. WTF? So it turns out that one of the units near where I store my cars went up in smoke last night. I was freaking out all morning today. The only news I was getting was that there were a couple of sports cars in there and the shop was setup like a mechanics shop. I have both my Cobras along with a few other cars in there and I have a lift, compressor, welder, tools, etc. The place could very well be considered a mechanics shop so I thought for sure it was my shop. Well, turns out it was one of the other buildings, which is zoned for dry storage BTW. My building and unit is zoned industrial, so I can pretty much do what I want there. Here's a link to the story. I feel bad for the guys that lost there stuff, but I'm damn happy it wasn't us.

http://www.wfsb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4450965

Last edited:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
PJM99 said:
So this morning I logged on to our local Mustang club's website, www.lmmc-ct.com, and the first topic in the forum was about a garage fire and everyone was wishing me the best that my car was okay. WTF? So it turns out that one of the units near where I store my cars went up in smoke last night. I was freaking out all morning today. The only news I was getting was that there were a couple of sports cars in there and the shop was setup like a mechanics shop. I have both my Cobras along with a few other cars in there and I have a lift, compressor, welder, tools, etc. The place could very well be considered a mechanics shop so I thought for sure it was my shop. Well, turns out it was one of the other buildings, which is zoned for dry storage BTW. My building and unit is zoned industrial, so I can pretty much do what I want there. Here's a link to the story. I feel bad for the guys that lost there stuff, but I'm damn happy it wasn't us.

http://www.wfsb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4450965

does the storage have/wil pay out on insurance?

PJM99

Established Member
I don't the facility will cover this loss. All my stuff is insured by my own policy. We're pretty much resposible for our own stuff, per the contract, unless it is something that is specifically caused by the building or the owner of the property. I'm guessing this guy probably had a bags of soiled rags that caught or something. He was clearly doing work out of there and his unit was zoned for dry storage only, so I'm sure no insurance policy will want to touch that. My unit is zoned industrial, so I can run a full time business out of it if I wanted too.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Hey Paul, I'm "RED93SVT" from LMMC-CT.com. I'm from Middletown, Ct. The car is also in storage now, but maybe when it's out in April we can meet up and shoot the shit. I had my first mustang burn in a fire just like that... Sucks B*lls. My insurance said the fire was put on a different car I had, not the mustang, so I was screwed. Anyway here's a pic of my mustang that I lost back in 01' ...

PJM99

Established Member
93 sssSVT said:
Hey Paul, I'm "RED93SVT" from LMMC-CT.com. I'm from Middletown, Ct. The car is also in storage now, but maybe when it's out in April we can meet up and shoot the shit. I had my first mustang burn in a fire just like that... Sucks B*lls. My insurance said the fire was put on a different car I had, not the mustang, so I was screwed. Anyway here's a pic of my mustang that I lost back in 01' ...

Damn shame that car was burnt. The Cobra looks sweet though. You'll have to meet up with the guys from the club one night too. We had some good times over the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread