closed loop problem

slow poke

Established Member
On thursday I tuned the MAF with method one and went to 3600rpm in 2nd with limited load maybe .30 and tuned the MAF from the info. It was running around high 14s low 15s up until the 3600rpm and was about 15.7-16.1. I then redid the table again and multiplied all the way to 6700rpm and max MAF AD counts by 1.08 it came out in the end to be 69#/min at max MAF counts.

I thought I was good so I re enabled close loop (I dont know if I did this right) and took the car out. This time the AFR was all over the place and was reading lean up to 17.1 at 3800 rpm with a load of .49 and MAF AD counts of 450. I stopped there

Do I have to multiply all the numbers in the MAF table again by like 1.15? It seems like it is also lean and I keep multiplying by numbers above 1 on every occasion.

Does this make sense? Seem right? The numbers are always jumping all over the place

I have a ported blower
4lb lower 2.8 upper
BAP and MAFia

Mainn

Established Member
On thursday I tuned the MAF with method one and went to 3600rpm in 2nd with limited load maybe .30 and tuned the MAF from the info. It was running around high 14s low 15s up until the 3600rpm and was about 15.7-16.1. I then redid the table again and multiplied all the way to 6700rpm and max MAF AD counts by 1.08 it came out in the end to be 69#/min at max MAF counts.

I thought I was good so I re enabled close loop (I dont know if I did this right) and took the car out. This time the AFR was all over the place and was reading lean up to 17.1 at 3800 rpm with a load of .49 and MAF AD counts of 450. I stopped there

Do I have to multiply all the numbers in the MAF table again by like 1.15? It seems like it is also lean and I keep multiplying by numbers above 1 on every occasion.

Does this make sense? Seem right? The numbers are always jumping all over the place

I have a ported blower
4lb lower 2.8 upper
BAP and MAFia

If you put the car back into open loop, do the AF/R's go back to normal? If so, I'm thinking the O2 sensors are crapping out. If, in open loop, the numbers are still that lean...I'd make sure it was all correct after Method #1 again, and then when you do method #2, you adjust the table by the loaded values, no matter what you got for method #1.

EDIT: Whoops, my page hadn't reloaded and I thought this was a recent thread, until I saw the post date. My mistake!

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member

I have a ported blower
4lb lower 2.8 upper
BAP and MAFia

Is this with the base fuel table set to a lambda of 1 or set at stock? If you're going up to 3600 and still yourself shooting for a lambda of 1 thats probably why you're going lean. The stock table should be commanding less than 1 this point so if you're adjusting for a lambda of 1 you're making it lean.

slow poke

Established Member
thanks for the input guys,

It's always welcome when it comes to my car, as I still have the problem lol. I changed the front O2s a week ago and and ran the car this past sunday (still in closed loop). I did not data log this trip but was looking at the gauge and it was still around 14s-15s I did not see it dropping so I did not push it.

I dont want to blow it as I am now trying to sell it.

I will test it again in open loop when I get a chance and see if it is more steady, I believe the MAF was tuned fairly well though so I dont think that is the whole issue. something else is going on.

Mike, I hear you but when I did the open loop tuning I had the full table up to 4500rpm set to 14.7 AFR / lamba 1 so I had a constant to adjust for as is stated in Lasotas manual

slow poke

Established Member
I have the base fuel table set back to what It was in the base tune, so it is NOT all 14.7 / lamba 1 like it was when I was doing the open loop tuning. This is why it is frustrating, I keep expecting the AFR to drop but it doesn't.

I realize I could still be in the part of the table that is commanding 14.7 but as I get higher in the load and RPM it does not drop some I am worried about giving it too much throttle or bringing it up to say 5000rpm.

I was hoping it changed with the new O2s, upon first test it doesnt seem to be any different. So I guess the wiring could be messed up but it ran fine prior and I did not change or disturb the wiring. the wires split the transmission, its highly unlikely they got swapped when I put in the new exhaust.

not sure where to go from here. I guess I will drop the tank and see what fuel pumps it has (its a swapped car so I am unsure). I am hoping I find something. I just dont have enough knowledge to really figure it out and do so in a timely manner. Im learning as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread