Cluster Light Out

motomaniac321

Cop Magnet
Established Member
The light in the cluster of my 03 Cobra is out, again. The previous owner had this issue and sent it out to a member here that repaired it, but a while back it went out again. It also doesn’t run smooth, it kinda shakes and jitters as the rpm/speed needles move. I’m looking at replacing it all together with a new one.

My only concern is that I just rolled 26,000 miles and I’m not sure how it works if I get a used one with more miles.

Has anyone replaced one before? Would a Ford dealer be able to change the miles on the new one that they put in for me? Thank you

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I could be wrong, but given that it's a digital odometer, the mileage should be stored in the ECU, not the cluster. They're actually pretty simple to remove. Toughest part(s) are getting the headlight knob off and then having little slack on the line to the boost gauge.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I could be wrong, but given that it's a digital odometer, the mileage should be stored in the ECU, not the cluster. They're actually pretty simple to remove. Toughest part(s) are getting the headlight knob off and then having little slack on the line to the boost gauge.

mileage is stored in the cluster

Users who are viewing this thread