Clutch Advise

Tango7

Established Member
I have the famous clutch slip on my 08 shelby with only 29,000 miles.. I am looking at a spec 2 single disc
clutch. My car is all stock and I don't go to the track. Has anyone used this clutch? If so how is the
pedal feel. I want a clutch that is close to stock. I don't really need a clutch that will handle 800 hp as my
car will never have that much. Just looking for advise on a clutch.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I've spent way too much on twin disc clutches when my car was at lower power levels. They didn't seem to last any more than my friend's single disc. He had good success at half the price. I should have done the same.

leroyt10

Established Member
+1 On the stock Clutch I am running 650 RWHP with the 2010 Clutch set up and it's great. Perfect feel too

Last edited:

JW03

Established Member
Are there any write ups/how to's on switching to the 13-14 clutch for an 07-09? I am looking to replace my clutch in the near future but also want something that feels stock. Also, where is the best place to purchase?

einehund

Established Member
I just did the upgrade to the 13-14 OEM set up on my 2010 last month. Bought everything needed from latemodelrestoration for a really good price. They have it as a kit (minus the slave cylinder) for under a grand.

centerforce

Established Member
Centerforce DYAD, amazing feel and holds more power than 99% of anyone will make

Thanks for the recommendation! Our Dyad may be a little overkill for the OPs setup, though. For stock power levels, something like our CF1 or2 units would work just fine.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
Thanks for the recommendation! Our Dyad may be a little overkill for the OPs setup, though. For stock power levels, something like our CF1 or2 units would work just fine.

Prescott? I'm in Chandler looking for a clutch.... Hmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread