Clutch Cable

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
What clutch cable are you using as a quality replacement? The correct Ford replacement part 2R3Z-7535-AA is no longer serviced. I have tried everywhere online and no one has it, not eBay, not MM, or any vendor. I don't want some cheap aftermarket made in china junk. I don't have a fire wall after market adjuster. It appears that the Ford Motorsport part is available but it's adjustable. Has anyone used that cable?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What’s wrong with yours? If it’s not broken/binding up an aftermarket quadrant and adjuster may keep it serviceable

I believe I ended up with a steeda adjustable cable to get my dual disc magnum combo to work.

unless MM has updated their design I don’t recommend the adjuster - the single bolt mount I started hearing a firewall creak. Went to a 2 bolt mount and it want away

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
rock auto appears to have stock-type replacements.

but +1 why the need to replace?

many people including myself have had bad experiences with adjustable cables. but that was with an aftermarket clutch.

the best combo i have found for any clutch has been a fiore-style fw adjuster, quick throw quadrant, and modified stock cable.

i am surprised that mm does not have any. iirc they advertised that they sourced their cables from the same mfr as ford did.

best of luck with it.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
MM is out of stock on the cable. The reason I want a new cable is to have a spare in my inventory. Good products are hard to find, I can find cheap imported junk from china. I want oem quality like the cable that's been in my Cobra for 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread