Clutch Install gone BAD

TRBO VNM

Pic of how the clutch cable is installed would help as well...and trust me, I have seen some botched installs even though it appears easy and straight forward. One guy had it going through the kmember and around the steering rack and wondered why it was so hard to push the pedal down...well, making your cable into an S shape probably did that. LOL

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Wow I think I installed my disc backwards. After watching the DDD video the part where he talks about the disc installation he says "Notice the machined out side its meant to sit inside" then the camera cuts away and he says "Its labeled FW side" I think I may have gotten confused. *** mi

Last edited:

Ukfox89

Established Member
lol springs on the clutch disc have to facea a certian way. and there isnt a recommended size for washer to put behind the pivot ball. i called spec also and they said that its sometimes required. i bought 2 1/2" washers and with 2 on there the pivot ball only had a little mroe than 3 threads, so i only installed 1 washer. i didnt want the pivot ball pulling threads out. seem slike you dont want to drop the trans again, but i woul dmake sure to check your pivot ball while its out and probably spac eit just in case. even if it doesn tneed it, you can still fine tune the play out of it.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Yea the springs do face a certain way but wont stop it from being all tightened up even if installed incorrectly. Time will tell what my prob is.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Question to everyone that says the adj cables suck, have you used one on your car? Or do you jump on the band wagon and say they suck? I run adj cable with no issues. It's not the cable! It's incorrect adjustment or the tob is installed wrong.

I worked in a Mustang performance shop for 2 years and have been doing side work and going to the track 3 times a week for the last 8 years. Adjustable cables will ALWAYS eventually break off at the adjuster at the clutch fork. It's just a matter of time. I've seen some last a couple years, and some guys break two or three on the same night as the track. The crimping style of the cable to the adjusting rod at the end is not sufficient for what it's intended use is for.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Got car running, had installed disc in backwards. Drained tranny and filled with GM Synchromesh and have firewall adjuster and quadrant now too. Oh well I'm a tranny removal expert now lol

Users who are viewing this thread