Clutch issue maybe...

Hurley

Established Member
On my way to work I was on a empty stretch of road and decide to do a quick 1st to 2nd gear pull. When I hard shifted into 2nd I notice my clutch pedal has some play in it. There was no sound of anything bad and the car still drives and sounds fine but the pedal feels very loose the first couple inches when you push it in and it didn't before. Trying to figure out if i broke something or not.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Could be the quadrant or the clutch cable check both of those .... when i installed my new clutch a while back the quadrant was messed up which caused play in the clutch pedal so i went out and bought a steel quadrant which fixed the problem

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
soon as the quadrant completely breaks ure gonna have no clutch pedal... it could also be the clutch cable... do you have an aftermarket clutch cable? i had one of these for about a month and its stretched to the point where there was no pressure on the clutch pedal and i couldnt drive the car... so its either one of those two things that i can think of... i would deffinetly park the car until you figure out what it is for sure... new steel quadrant is fairly cheap just look on american muscle

Users who are viewing this thread