Clutch Quandaries

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
Well, I went to the dragstrip Wednesday night and I made a couple of bad passes. I could not quite figure out why except for the fact that the gears didn't seem like they wanted to go in or engage properly. Went home, disappointed, and I got almost there and I notice the clutch has stopped catching until you let it almost completely out.

And that brings me to my question...What new clutch can I install? This car will be my daily driver for about another month and then it will be a weekend/dragstrip car. I am thinking about the Spec III clutch. Any comments/concerns with this choice?

Since I will be replacing the clutch, any comments on the Clutch Quadrant and/or the Firewall Adjuster? I am not exactly sure what the benefits of these are, but I have also seen posts that say they are a good mod for the car. Someone commented that Granatelli Motorsports' are good. Anyone with this setup?

I am sorry for all of the questions, but when I did a search, I came back more confused about the plethora of choices than when I initially began. Thanks in advance for all of the help!

Users who are viewing this thread