Clutch sticks to the floor

Clutch pedal sticks at high rpm. Is it fixed??

• Yes, the dealer fixed it under warranty

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, it's been fixed out of pocket with aftermarket parts

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, it's been fixed using a combo fo FOMOCO parts and aftermarket

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, lots of time and money have been thrown at it and it's still not fixed

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I would never dream of taking my Coyote to 5k-7k RPM

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
My '12 Boss has had this issue since probably the second time I got on it. At 3/4-WOT between 5k-7k rpm the clutch pedal will not return to the top. This results in missed shifts or over revving.

I thought I would try to start a clearing house area where we can post what fixed the problem if anything.

Please, if it's been fixed please tell us what fixed it....

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
This thread is kind of pointless as this has been discussed over and over and over.

Buy a braided clutch line / thread....

If you choose not to do that, shift lower than stock redline and don't raise the rev limiter over stock.

My '12 has done this a few times, but only if i shift to close to 7K

BPatterson

Established Member
Braided clutch line does not fix everyone's problems. There are those of us who have replaced everything, and it still happens.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
start with the cheaper mods first and work your way up, that's the best advise I can give. Not one specific thing fixes these issues, it can be several things.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Braided and DOT 4 not? Isn't the issue overheating the fluid? Just a line will not solve the issue of the hydraulic fluid having too low of a boiling temp.

r.barn

Established Member
There is a video on YouLube from one of the performance shops that shows what the problem is. The new 5.0 Mustangs got a different pedal spring return design that is flawed and can bind.

The fix is to replace the clutch pedal box and spring system with a GT-500 unit.

This
Clutch Pedal Spring Issue - YouTube

Last edited:

96svtdriver

Established Member
My '12 Boss has had this issue since probably the second time I got on it. At 3/4-WOT between 5k-7k rpm the clutch pedal will not return to the top. This results in missed shifts or over revving.

I thought I would try to start a clearing house area where we can post what fixed the problem if anything.

Please, if it's been fixed please tell us what fixed it....

I ended up doing the Barton Shifter bracket, DOT4 fluid, Redline MTL and GT500 pedals recently. Huge difference now. The slop is out of the shifter, the pedal feels firmer and the DOT4's higher boiling points make it much more manageable. I was thinking of adding the Boss' transmission cooler too at a later date, but I don't hard shift it much at high RPMs so possibly not.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Maybe I missed reading this somewhere, but why wouldn't the dealer fix this under factory warranty???? I felt this in my car only once at high rpm when I was shifting between 2-3. The pedal felt dead, and took a few seconds to return up.

twistedneck

Established Member
Yes, its a warranty fail. Yes i've had it happen too after a high rpm pull on rare occasions. I think its just the factory clutch not prepared for big rpm.. i like Valeo, i like the clutch feel and its pretty tough.

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
A 2012 gt500 pedal assembly, jhr line and a Mcloed rxt clutch fixed my problem. Its like a totally different car and the pedal never sticks to the floor. Pedal feel is great without any spongyness. Its not a fun project but it was wll worth it.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
There's no option in the poll for "I've never had that happen."

^^^^ :D funny....

I looked at my clutch pedal assembly. I have two horizontal springs next to each other, and a third vertical spring next to the clutch pedal.

I took the vertical spring off leaving just the two horizontal springs. Looking at the GT500 clutch pedal it now looks identical.

So far three 7000+rpm blast have been event free. One pull was from a stop in 1st to 7K and 2nd to 7.5K. :thumbsup:

I am going to replace the clutch line with JHR's high flow piece.

Question, for those who have replaced the clutch line, how did you bleed it ???? :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread