CO IRS Mach - Need pricing opinions

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
Im giving thought to selling my CO Mach and getting into the classic Porsche game. I've always wanted a 73 RS.

I need help figuring out what a fair asking price would be for my Mach. All opinions are welcome.

2004 Comp Orange Mach 1 - 22k miles

Drivetrain is completely stock aside from C&L intake and mangaflow catback. The motor has never been modified, chipped or tuned.

Suspension is as follows:
IRS - 2004 Cobra
MM Street IRS Grip Package - MMRG-21
MM Starter Box - SBX-4
MM full length subframe connectors (powdercoated) - MMFL-5PC
MM 4 point k-member brace - MMKB4-4
MM bolt through adjustable tie rod ends (front bump steer kit) - MMTR-3
MM solid steering rack bushings (non-offset) - MMST-7

Brakes are as follows:
Stock calipers
Powerslot rotors
Hawk HP+ Pads
Russell Stainless Lines (all four corners)
Motul RBF600

Wheels/tires are as follows:
OEM 2000 Cobra R wheels with slight rash
90% BFG GForce Comp-2 275/35/18

Thoughts on what a fair asking price would be?

Thanks everyone!

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
This is all I have currently available. I can upload a front shot tonight.

kbx24i.jpg

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
When you're looking to sell on here, Everyone wants a full rundown of the vehicle and lots of pictures from every corner and inside as well as the engine bay. From what it sounds like in your description it sounds like a fantastic car. I'm also built IRS equipped. For something with pretty low miles, mostly stock and a built rear. I'd be looking for right around $16.5-17k As long as there aren't parts damaged, problems, leaks, ect. Now with that price, people are going to be looking more at Used Terminators and trying to justify themselves getting that or your Mach. You need to sell the point that this is pretty much a bone stock, low mile built rear IRS Mach. It will take some time to get someone interested in that price, but IMO that is what the potential could be for that car.

Good luck, and nice Mach

Last edited:

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
I think I'd need about $20k out of the car to make it worth selling. It has about $8k in suspension parts and labor in it. I know mods don't count for a lot on the resale market but I'd hate to take a bath that big by ignoring them.

Looks like the classic Porsche will need to wait.

RedLiner

Established Member
I think I'd need about $20k out of the car to make it worth selling. It has about $8k in suspension parts and labor in it. I know mods don't count for a lot on the resale market but I'd hate to take a bath that big by ignoring them.

Now I know I got a really good deal, but I just bought a Mach 1 for my dad.. An Azure Blue 03 with 10k miles for $10.5k. It was mainly stock, but had an IRS and different wheels, exhaust, & intake. The seller had it posted for months and months, and IMO it didn't sell quickly bc it had just a few bolt-on's with an IRS. Most of the Mach 1 buyer market is looking for the solid rear axle. Now the car is completely stock and I know it would sell easily in the $15-17k range.

This is just my opinion, but find a stock solid and put it back in the car. You can sell that IRS for a decent amount of money on the private market and make your Mach more desirable to people looking for a Mach. You have one of the best colors and low mileage, I definitely think you can get $15-17k for it that way and be able to sell your IRS for another $1,500-$2,000. GLWS!!! :beer:

ctgreddy

Established Member

You're not gonna get 20k for that car man. miles are low and CO cars always seem to be priced high but you can get a nice terminator, prolly even one with similar miles, for the that price. 15-16 is all i'd expect you could get for it.

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
You're not gonna get 20k for that car man. miles are low and CO cars always seem to be priced high but you can get a nice terminator, prolly even one with similar miles, for the that price. 15-16 is all i'd expect you could get for it.

Yes. Hence my comment that a classic Porsche will need to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread