Coating on a Mystichrome?

bigmoose

Established Member
So my Mystichrome is stored in my heated garage for the winter. I'm looking to give it a full polish as time permits. I'm interested in trying out a ceramic coating so I bought a kit from Adam's for a pretty good price. I'm looking for input on whether to use this on my mystichrome.

The car is only driven on nice sunny weekends and stored for half the year. I only put 1k miles or less on it a year. Will a ceramic coating give it the same "pop" as a good wax? Adam's kit does come with a "Boost" that is put on after the coating to give it extra shine supposedly.

My other option is to save the kit till spring and use it on my daily.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
From what I've seen, the biggest plus with the ceramic coating is the longevity factor. For a car that is daily driven, the stuff is perfect. If your Mystichrome's clear coat is polished and waxed or sealed, it will look as good as any ceramic coating. It just won't last as long, out in the wild.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I plan to have mine done professionally with the lifetime warranty ceramic coating

blue 07

Established Member
As an Adams user for all my detailing, you will love the shine and longevity !
Make sure the paint is perfect before you coat it cause once it on it will be there for a while especially the miles it sounds like you do. Only issue with ceramic is, if you get scratches, its hard to buff out. BTW, the ceramic boost on its own works amazing.

bigmoose

Established Member
Sounds like the coating will look just as good than a wax with less maintenance. I'll try it on the cobra and if it goes well I'll do the same on my daily.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Coat it. Done. So much easier to maintain...and it will look fantastic as long as your paint is as good as you want it/can get it.

Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread