Cobra Bob... Why....

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
You should've just PM'd Bob instead of making a thread. He still would have sent you another one. I don't see the point in making a big fuss about it.

dougwg

Established Member
lloyyd said:
You should've just PM'd Bob instead of making a thread. He still would have sent you another one. I don't see the point in making a big fuss about it.

true

Mach2

Banned
dougwg said:

I pm'd steig, I pm'd a rep from RR, they never respond unless you bring it public. Then they deny everything and claim that you are stupid and your car is broken and its not there fault.

MikeW

Established Member
lloyyd said:

I agree :idea:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
I defy anyone to produce one of these mythical internal t56 shift stops.
I've wondered about this too. I have the adobe version of the T56 manual and I can't find any internal stops (or any part that might serve that purpose). :shrug: I'm no trasmission expert though.

Last edited:

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
well i wasn't trying to badmouth cobra bob's product, as far as im concerned it did its purpose. reasoning for posting this is to let other members aware just to make sure there not having this issue also. Cobra Bob Thanks for taking car of this, but this time im just going to do it the "other" Way...

BWH2003

Established Member
From the tremec site.

Q. I am installing an aftermarket shifter on my TREMEC. Do you have any suggestions?

A. The major problem with aftermarket shifters is that they have stops on them. To install them correctly, you will have to remove the stops completely. Our transmissions are built with internal stops.

I dont know where they are but the compnay that makes the tranny says they are so as far as im concerned I believe them. Someone email or call them and find out the real story.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/faq/faq.asp#14

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
BWH2003 said:
From the tremec site.

Q. I am installing an aftermarket shifter on my TREMEC. Do you have any suggestions?

A. The major problem with aftermarket shifters is that they have stops on them. To install them correctly, you will have to remove the stops completely. Our transmissions are built with internal stops.

I dont know where they are but the compnay that makes the tranny says they are so as far as im concerned I believe them. Someone email or call them and find out the real story.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/faq/faq.asp#14

Thanks, buddy! I'm fixing mine tomorrow! Good info!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
One very important step when installing with the gasket is to make sure that ALL of the previous seal is removed. I suppose that if a small amount is left on the transmission, it would make that portion of the tranny lip not level and it could cause a piece of the gasket to squirt out. I just looked at mine and it is perfect all the way around. It has been removed and reused 3 times and I'll bet that I can remove it (easily) and re-install it without issues. It makes it real easy to change the tranny fluid.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mach2 said:
I pm'd steig, I pm'd a rep from RR, they never respond unless you bring it public. Then they deny everything and claim that you are stupid and your car is broken and its not there fault.
I'm not everyone else. You PM me and I will ALWAYS respond as quickly as possible. Usually within a day. And if the fault is on my end I will always admit it. Just want to make this clear. :coolman:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
CobraBob said:
I'm not everyone else. You PM me and I will ALWAYS respond as quickly as possible. Usually within a day. And if the fault is on my end I will always admit it. Just want to make this clear. :coolman:

:beer:

Juruense

Banned
Mach2 said:
At least they are correct about one thing... :D

dougwg

Established Member
Mach2 said:

If you have an issue with an aftermarket part:

Step #1 Call the company you purchased the product from.

If nothing is done.

Step #2 Call the manufacturer.

If nothing is done.

Step #3 Bust them out on a public forum.

It's a pretty damn simple concept.

AND... FORGET ABOUT PM's AND EMAIL.... CALL THEM ON THE PHONE

Last edited:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
GT Shadow '03 said:
Regardless of the gasket squishing-out, more importantly - it doesn't appeared to have leaked any fluid out at all!!!

Why would it have leaked fluid?? The purpose of the gasket is to isolate the shifter from the tranny vibration and heat, not to keep any fluid in.

NOGM4ME

Wasted Rock Ranger
Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
did your gasket do this????

DSC02578.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

Looks to me like it's swollen from be contaminated. I've found that some silicone and rubber gaskets and certain chemicals don't mix. Brake clean,carb cleaner and some oil additives will swell these types of gaskets causing them to look exactly like that.I've been an ASE certified tech for 25+ years and seen many gaskets that look like that. Just my opinion.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Per Doug's excellent suggestion, I am adding a second phone line here dedicated to my gasket customers. I totally agree that a vendor phone number is vital for optimum customer service. The number will be posted on my website home page on Tuesday as soon as the phone company activates it.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
For all the guys debating on the internal shifter stops...so long as you set the shifter stops CORRECTLY you don't need to worry one way or the other.

I've run them on a Triax and a MGW for three years with no issues.

I have a pdf of the Tremec T56 manual if anyone wants it emailed out to them.

ACTUALLY don't PM me...here is the link...

http://www.tremec.com/English/media/pdfs_autogen/T-56_Service_Manual.pdf

Glad to see someone standing behind their product 110%

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread