cobra car list

cooper1320

Established Member
Noob post!!!

so ive been reading and comparing and searching but i would still like some input on my cobra build

my goal is to be 500+rwhp on 93 and in the 600's on e85, with stock Eaton and IRS

here's what i've put together.

POWER:
jlt cai; 2.93 pully; 100mm aux pully; ported Eaton (home port or send it to someone); single blade TB; Ported pluem; ngk plugs; accel coil packs; 2.5 x pipe; dynomax bullet mufflers; midlength headers; 4'in tips

things i dont know, do i need a boost-a-pump? and what size/brand injectors to run e85? do i need bigger fuel rails? fuel pump do i go with the Ford GT pump? do i need to do the PPRV delete?? with the ported Eaton do i need a lower crank pully if so what size?

COOLING:
Bigger heat exchanger, head cooling mod

any other suggestions?

OTHER;
MM caster camber plates; new bilstein shocks and struts, Lower springs, poly irs bushing; upgraded diff cover;
aluminum drive shaft; DS saftey loop; mgw shifter

dyno tune done by either Murillo motor sports or lethal performance in San Antonio tx.

any help with maybe different parts or mods i should ditch?? thanks for the input

not looking to clean out my bank account with this build, just want a good street-able cobra that can romp and vetts all day long

fs308

4v noob
Established Member
raise the compression killer chiller dragon throttle body 2.90/6 pulley set up jlt hb long tubes 80lbs injectors custom cams larger valves

basically have the motor make as much power as it can NA

cooper1320

Established Member
i have a really steap drive way and long tubes will hit no matter what, i have long tubes on my 65 and it always scraps no matter how much of an angle i drive up.

are cams and a boost in compression really necessary??

i thought ive sceen cobra with ported eatons make 500 to the wheels with the port bolt ons and tune

jrichber

browser
Established Member
you will want either a 6 or 4lb lower for your goals. 500+ is a pretty realistic goal because many have done it. But 600's with E85 might be kind of pushing it. Maybe if you find a generous dyno. Either way I would also really look into adding some tranny upgrades to your list. Input shaft might go quick if your "romping" a lot. Also diff brace is a good insurance buy.

Jensanity

Established Member
2.93/6 or 2.76/4 pulley combos with a quality port and supporting mods 500rwhp is attainable.
You don't necessarily need longtubes until you start hitting 600+ rwhp with TS blower.
You'll need at least a BOOST A PUMP (with stock pumps) to hit 500
You'll need a mafia extender or bigger MAF to hit 500 safely
You'll need at least 60# injectors for 500rwhp MAYBE the stockers will do
The JLT intakes are quality parts for sure. The next gen high boost is a work of art!

To get from 500 or a little more RWHP with the stock Eaton to 600 you're going to need higher compression, cams, or NOS

E-85, 2.76/4# which can probably get you to 550rwhp will require:
upgraded MAF or Mafia extender
At least 80# injectors
Dual GT pumps(or bigger)
Dual or modified FPDM
Your JLT will be fine
Might want to upgrade your input shaft (10 to 26)

Add a badass Cam to the above and you might hit 600rwhp
Add a 50shot and you can hit it

If you want 600rwhp skip the port and cam and pickup a used TS like a KB, WHIPPLE, or VMP TVS

Good luck, bud!

Last edited:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Skip the accel coil packs and use that money on something else. There's nothing wrong with the stock coil packs. Also the 03/04 Cobras came from the factory with an aluminum drive shaft so you shouldn't need to upgrade. As far as the bushings for the IRS goes, check out the kit from Full Tilt Boogie Racing. Here's the link. http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/1999-2004_Cobra_Suspension_Parts_and_Tools.htm

cooper1320

Established Member
Skip the accel coil packs and use that money on something else. There's nothing wrong with the stock coil packs. Also the 03/04 Cobras came from the factory with an aluminum drive shaft so you shouldn't need to upgrade. As far as the bushings for the IRS goes, check out the kit from Full Tilt Boogie Racing. Here's the link. http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/1999-2004_Cobra_Suspension_Parts_and_Tools.htm

what kind of coil packs should I get?? im hitting 97k on my cobra wouldn't mind a fresh set of COP's

looks like I saw the wrong HP achievable with E85, aslong as im in the 500's on 93 ill be happy... for now

thanks for the ported eaton link, ill keep reading

Last edited:

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
my 03 dsg made 480(with a cold blower) and 452 (hot blower) to the wheels with just a pulley, intake, catback and a diablo tuner. 500 is a easy goal for any termi.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm not aware of anyone that has hit 600rwhp with the stock blower still on the car and a stock long block. Your going to have to go twin screw to hit 600.

Users who are viewing this thread