Cobra got used in an American Muscle ad!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
My cousin forwarded this to me today. Said he got it in an email from American Muscle. So, I looked it up myself, and sure enough, there she is! This pic is from when I still had the one-off Mystichrome vinyl hood stripes and bumper inserts that AM made for me, but still pretty stoked to know my Cobra was cool enough for AM to use it on their site in an ad.

Thanks American Muscle!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/speci...922961131021682841117181204087115634839127556

American%20Muscle%20Ad_zpsosfz9pgk.jpg

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Look at you setting standards n shit! Thinking about driving up for C&C Saturday and finding something to do with my son until evening and doing Mission meet if you're going to be there...

Kiohtee

Established Member
Congrats! You'd think as much as I've spent at AM they would put my car somewhere, somehow. Then again, I've never submitted anything to them either... :shrug:

silver03svt

Established Member
Look at you setting standards n shit! Thinking about driving up for C&C Saturday and finding something to do with my son until evening and doing Mission meet if you're going to be there...

I would be, but the Cobra is out of commission right now. Replacing a timing chain guide, and doing some other small maintenance items to it while I have it apart.

Congrats! You'd think as much as I've spent at AM they would put my car somewhere, somehow. Then again, I've never submitted anything to them either... :shrug:

This was actually taken by their photographer at the AM show. Not something that I submitted to them.

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
That's awesome - they used mine in an ad a few years back, I did the same thing you did and shared it all over Facebook, haha.

silver03svt

Established Member

That's awesome - they used mine in an ad a few years back, I did the same thing you did and shared it all over Facebook, haha.

Nice! Not saying that my Cobra is anything special, but it is a cool feeling to know that your car is seen by a lot of the customers that AM has.

04 MysticMan

2nd Terminator, 5th Cobra
Established Member
Good Job buddy, you get a fudge pop when you get home haha, oh wait your car is at my house, ok I will go buy you ice cream for your special day!!! All joking aside, you know you have a clean car brother.

silver03svt

Established Member
Good Job buddy, you get a fudge pop when you get home haha, oh wait your car is at my house, ok I will go buy you ice cream for your special day!!! All joking aside, you know you have a clean car brother.

Yeah, you got jokes.....lol! It's going to get a bit cleaner shortly.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
They PM'd me about wanting to use my car and photos and I told them no.

If they want to make money off of my car and photography, then they can pay me for it.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
How exactly are they making money off your car? It's not linked to a single product, page, or anything. As a customer shopping, seeing your car certainly wouldn't persuade me to buy some random part on their site either. His is literally just a little page decoration for the chassis/year. Now if they were using your pictures to sell a product, maybe, kind of...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

If they want to make money off of my car and photography, then they can pay me for it.

Honestly, why wouldn't they pay you for it? All the money they pay to get their ads on websites and in magazines, but they want to use customer's pictures for free? At least give you a site discount or something.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Honestly, why wouldn't they pay you for it? All the money they pay to get their ads on websites and in magazines, but they want to use customer's pictures for free? At least give you a site discount or something.

Because most people are grateful enough for exposure? Holy entitlements..., LOL. Do they not give discounts codes to the Mustang communities when you message them?

silver03svt

Established Member
Because most people are grateful enough for exposure? Holy entitlements..., LOL. Do they not give discounts codes to the Mustang communities when you message them?

This guy gets it. I am pretty excited that my car now gets seen by more people than I ever thought would see it.

Congrats, looks like every other 03/04 out there...I kid. BTW, any compensation?

LMAO! More jokes! No, no compensation, unless you count the headlight panel I bought that is bent that I haven't heard back from them on yet.......I got that going for me.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Congrats, looks like every other 03/04 out there...I kid. BTW, any compensation?

:lol: No lie, I literally went into that thread and copied his statement and was going to post it in this thread. Didn't want to chance an infraction though lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was pretty neat Doug. Congrats! I agree that getting selected is great personal exposure. It's a nice recognition/acknowledgement of the time and money and sweat you've put into your car. If my car was selected, I most certainly would say 'YES' at the same time I said 'Thank you'. Again, congratulations! :beer:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

If your talking about your old Terminator - I agree with you. If you talking about your current 5.0 then meh...

I kid. I see both sides of it. Normally I would say yes, should get paid, but AM does their fair share to give back and support the Mustang community and a strong community and strong aftermarket benefits us all.

Users who are viewing this thread