Cobra Jet Intake 2016 GT

Saleen_1977

Established Member
I currently have a CAI, full exhaust, and E85 and I am dyno in at 436hp. i am having comp cams installed. I am on the fence about adding all the cobra jet performance parts needed to add the manifold. My question is what will be my gains and benefits? Can I reach 500 rwhp?

rotarymagic

Established Member
Most people would get cams installed AFTER an intake manifold considering they'll reduce your power band quite a bit since the stock intake manifold peaks way earlier in the rpm range than where you'd see the benefit your cams. You should definitely do a GT350, Boss or CJ intake manifold setup to compliment your cams. Do not install limiters on the cams if you can help it so that they can be tuned to reduce low end losses typically associated with aftermarket cams.

Saleen_1977

Established Member
Most people would get cams installed AFTER an intake manifold considering they'll reduce your power band quite a bit since the stock intake manifold peaks way earlier in the rpm range than where you'd see the benefit your cams. You should definitely do a GT350, Boss or CJ intake manifold setup to compliment your cams. Do not install limiters on the cams if you can help it so that they can be tuned to reduce low end losses typically associated with aftermarket cams.

Do comp cams work well with a GT350 intake?

rotarymagic

Established Member
I haven't seen I done yet personally, but I know the GT350 intake carries the powerband much further than a stock manifold so I can imagine that they probably would work well without giving up much down low either. M6 or A6 car?

Saleen_1977

Established Member
It is a M6. Comp cam stage 2 and the cobra jet intake should work well together. Then add 4.09 gears when Ford Performance releases them.

rotarymagic

Established Member
Then you'll have a car with a small useless powerband that drops out of the power on each shift or revs way past the usable range in order to drop back into torque. There is no difference in street driveability between the 2's and 3's as it's all in the tune since there is VCT on both intake and exhaust cams.

Users who are viewing this thread