Cobra Jet intake on a Vortech/Paxton can't be done right? WRONG ;)

Voltwings

Established Member
Keep in mind, boost is just a measurement of restriction. If you have a well flowing head unit (compressor) as well as a well flowing engine set up, you can achieve very high airflow with very "little" boost. Not saying it wont be seeing high ammounts of pressure, just that saying "boost" in and of itself is subjective.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Numbers! Graph! I wanna see that curve! Might as well add a torque booster while your at it because I doubt we'll see very many setups like this. Numbers. Graph.

CSG

Established Member
Curious what the longer runner length from the spacer will do. My guess is a bit more torque low and mid with less peak HP which would put it similar to stock except much cooler looking.

Torchy

Established Member
Looks good Philly! Keep us posted, I wanna see what this bad boy will do.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Sorry guys we have a car ahead of him on the dyno.

If all goes well we will have some baseline numbers for you, before we add the torque booster, pulley and oil pump gear.

Thanks for being patient.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
10450596_709919012377431_6883577991564675244_n.jpg

10421580_709464672422865_2106861267454709651_n.jpg

Here are the initial results from the Cobra Jet/Vortech set up. The blue line is the stock intake, red is the Cobra Jet setup.
The CJ is up 20 rwhp @ 6800 rpm. The test conditions are almost identical and ignition timing was kept equal between the two. We did optimize the cam timing for the CJ.
Part two of the test will be billet oil pump gears, 3.33 pulley, and the torque booster. This will let us pull the combo out to 7800 and see how the CJ does out there.

If you notice on the graph the Cobra Jet Mani loses nothing to the stock manifold. However the Cobra Jet continues to allow the engine to rev beyond the stock manifold's capabilities. This is the benefit over the Boss.

I was really happy this set-up didn't LOSE power anywhere especially with the heat in Maryland. This set-up will make the same/more power until the stock intake runs out of breath, then the Cobra Jet will continue to make power. This set-up will really shine with a Ti, JT or Ysi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread