Cobra Mustang IRS Delrin/UHMW/Alum bushing kit w/adj. sway bar links & bumpsteer kit

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Hello again Bruce!

I've done two "complete" Terminator-era IRSs with FTBR (my 01 Bullitt was an "early adopter" :) ) and now it's time to do the same to my 2017! Planning any "specials" this season?

I love the vids you've done for the S550 - REALLY shows the value of the upgrades.

Cheers

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hello again Bruce!

I've done two "complete" Terminator-era IRSs with FTBR (my 01 Bullitt was an "early adopter" :) ) and now it's time to do the same to my 2017! Planning any "specials" this season?

I love the vids you've done for the S550 - REALLY shows the value of the upgrades.

Cheers
We 'usually' have a Black Friday sale.

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
Hey Bruce, I just ordered your FT5001 with the milled ford racing diff cover. A local shop doesn't have any experience with the ford IRS but the man said he has built numerous race cars over the years and that he would do it. I am only agreeing to this because the labor cost will be cut in half (since I'm an employee), I do not have my own shop with the right tools and more importantly, my rubber bushings are so far gone that the rear diff support brace bushing is flexing so much that it's rubbing against the egg shell diff cover. The master technician looked at your instructions but he was confused that there were no pictures included. I realize that you have pictures on your website but is there anyway that you could update the instructions and include the pictures with it? I believe this would be great help to anyone working on IRS bushings in the future. Also when should I install the bump steer kit and is there anything I should watch out for? My 01 cobra is lowered on H&R race springs and bilstein shocks and struts which were also bought at FTBR. Finally, I bought the FT1291 brace to upgrade it from my OEM brace. My 01 is a DD with 85k miles. I hope the NVH isn't too bad.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
If we included photos on the installation instructions they would be 40 pages or more. Installation Photos and Tips of the IRS bushing kit can be found on this link on our website: Installation Photos and Tips Not only do we have this full page of installation photos and tips, we also have a whole page of videos as well here: SN-95_Videos The two areas on that page you'll want to focus on would be: "IRS Removal and Subframe/Control Arm Prep" and "Subframe Install".

The bumpsteer kit can and should be installed when you do your bushings. Pay particular attention to the default bushing stack recommendations for the inner and outer toe link connection points because they will be different for your car than the Terminator default as shipped assembled on the bumpsteer kit. That is unless the shop is going to actually be doing the bumpsteer operation then they will set it where it needs to be.

The NVH will depend greatly on the age and condition of your differential. An old worn out differential will be noisy. A good unit will be pretty quiet. This link on our FAQ page will give you some additional explanation of NVH, what to expect and things you can do to silence it: Frequently Asked Questions

We hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread