Cobra R at Mecum

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Afternoon everyone

Theres a 00R going up at mecum in Indianapolis in July. Will anyone be attended? Really interested in bidding but due to covid cannot cross border to the states. If anyone is down that way would love to get opinions and someone to look at it. Anyone have any thoughts or things I should be aware of to ask?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Afternoon everyone

Theres a 00R going up at mecum in Indianapolis in July. Will anyone be attended? Really interested in bidding but due to covid cannot cross border to the states. If anyone is down that way would love to get opinions and someone to look at it. Anyone have any thoughts or things I should be aware of to ask?
I just searched the Mecum site and didn’t see the car listed. Got a link...?

TFStang

Established Member
Hood bubbles are a badge of honor on these cars. If it does have them, I wouldn’t let that bother you.

nmp1

Established Member
Hood bubbles are a badge of honor on these cars. If it does have them, I wouldn’t let that bother you.
Agreed. Hood bubble are a well known issue and have nothing to do with how the car was cared for. Hood looks stock from what I can tell but I would prefer a better picture. Big question is documentation.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Agreed. Hood bubble are a well known issue and have nothing to do with how the car was cared for. Hood looks stock from what I can tell but I would prefer a better picture. Big question is documentation.

I emailed them and got a picture of the hood its th original cause of that beam both you guys mentioned. Also they say no bubbles on the hood. They have the black book but he says he has other documentation so trying to find out about that

Goose17

Established Member
Sounds like the perfect car! We shall see how high the bid goes. It very well could be north of $60k + auction fees.

Regarding the well known hood bubble issue, I agree they are quite common on the 00R unless the hood was swapped for the available aftermarket one (no diagonal brace or decals at the top/front). When I was shopping, I passed on some cars until I found a bubble-free original hood car. My car was 1 of 5 sold in Canada. While the stateside cars did not have a warranty, the Canadian dealership honored the “warranty” and redid the hood prior to the sale. Fortunately it is bubble-free 20 years later.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Sounds like the perfect car! We shall see how high the bid goes. It very well could be north of $60k + auction fees.

Regarding the well known hood bubble issue, I agree they are quite common on the 00R unless the hood was swapped for the available aftermarket one (no diagonal brace or decals at the top/front). When I was shopping, I passed on some cars until I found a bubble-free original hood car. My car was 1 of 5 sold in Canada. While the stateside cars did not have a warranty, the Canadian dealership honored the “warranty” and redid the hood prior to the sale. Fortunately it is bubble-free 20 years later.

I figure this one would go for around 60k plus the fees unfortunately for me I still have to put on the conversion around 35% Canadian to US $ :(

nmp1

Established Member
the big question you need answer is what is the purpose of this car. the mileage puts a big premium on it and if you are just gonna stare at it in the garage and take it out once in awhile its understandable. if you wanna really drive it and put miles on it you might want to look at something that has been used as driving a sub 500 mile car will significantly lower the value as the miles tick up.

ive owned low mileage cars where you find yourself questioning whether you really wanna take it out and add miles to it. never again will i buy super low mile cars both to not pay big mark ups and feel guilty about driving it. when i bought my 350R & Raptor i told myself that i am going to drive them and i do.

Last edited:

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
the big question you need answer is what is the purpose of this car. the mileage puts a big premium on it and if you are just gonna stare at it in the garage and take it out once in awhile its understandable. if you wanna really drive it and put miles on it you might want to look at something that has been used as driving a sub 500 mile car will significantly lower the value are the miles tick up.

ive owned low mileage cars where you find yourself questioning whether you really wanna take it out and add miles to it. never again will i buy super lower cars both to not pay big mark ups and feel guilty about driving it. when i bought my 350R & Raptor i told myself that i am going to drive them and i do.

Absolutely understand where your coming from. This particular car I would like to enjoy in the garage and take out a few times to a few car shows here and there. But yes I have other mustangs I do enjoy and drive. Both your raptor and 350R look awesome ;) you think like me I bought super low miles and feel guilty driving them

nmp1

Established Member
Absolutely understand where your coming from. This particular car I would like to enjoy in the garage and take out a few times to a few car shows here and there. But yes I have other mustangs I do enjoy and drive. Both your raptor and 350R look awesome ;) you think like me I bought super low miles and feel guilty driving them
Sounds like this is a fit for you if everything checks out. Only thing I don’t like is how much auction houses charge on both ends. When I was selling my viper I had someone from I think Barrett Jackson call me and ask if I was interested in selling it through them. I told him flat out that auctions are a rip off and play too many games and that I would never sell a car at one.

nmp1

Established Member
Sounds like this is a fit for you if everything checks out. Only thing I don’t like is how much auction houses charge on both ends. When I was selling my viper I had someone from I think Barrett Jackson call me and ask if I was interested in selling it through them. I told him flat out that auctions are a rip off and play too many games and that I would never sell a car at one.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member

I know, because I'd be phone bidding its 12% ontop of hammer price. Due to covid cant cross border to US from Canada at moment or else I'd drive there and check it out trailer it home.

Goose17

Established Member
This sounds like the perfect car for you Michael! I am very similar... I bought mine in 2016 with 750 miles on the clock. In the 4 years that I’ve owned it, I’ve taken it out for fun runs not too far from my house on occasion and I’ve hit a few shows as well. The car now has 1250 miles. I never plan to sell it, so the miles really aren’t too big of a concern for me. I just keep the miles off to keep the car looking as new as possible.

I enjoy seeing this sexy beast in my garage and have fun behind the wheel on special occasions when it leaves the bat cave for some spirited fun.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
This sounds like the perfect car for you Michael! I am very similar... I bought mine in 2016 with 750 miles on the clock. In the 4 years that I’ve owned it, I’ve taken it out for fun runs not too far from my house on occasion and I’ve hit a few shows as well. The car now has 1250 miles. I never plan to sell it, so the miles really aren’t too big of a concern for me. I just keep the miles off to keep the car looking as new as possible.

I enjoy seeing this sexy beast in my garage and have fun behind the wheel on special occasions when it leaves the bat cave for some spirited fun.

Oh yea definitely would not sell, it's good to see you enjoy it but also keep it in pristine condition. I would love to go see it but under the circumstance I'll just phone bid. I've really emphasized all stock as I've read on here and watched your videos how hard it is to find parts. But so far everything seems to be clicking in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread