Cobra R, SVT items and misc. stuff found on eBay and for sale elsewhere

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Robert M said:
^^^^^^^^^For those looking for a low mile (2800 original) 1995 Cobra R, here is a nice one!

Marcie, this was/is the actual 95R used for the photo's in the original 1993-2000 SVT Cobra Recognition Guide, correct?

R

Yes, it is the one. #153. And it's signed by John Coletti, Steve Anderson and Bill Lane - the SVT founders.

I will be posting it in 'R's For Sale' sometime in the near future. I have photos if anyone would like to see it in the mean time. PM me.

~M.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
svt2205 said:
Thought you might find this interesting. Tom didn't your R come from Bradford PA also?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...096396263QQcategoryZ98064QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yep. That would be a team car to mine. That was the replacement when the 95s were retired due to age. They built a couple of Saleens and then went to an FR500C for the 05 season.

$19,000 is a helluva deal for that car. It is well equipped. Should have Alcons on the front and the CCWs should stay with the car.

Tom

93SVTCobra

Established Member
My only concern with that car was that they seemed to replace the engine at last once or twice per weekend!

They got a full engine swap down to less than 2 hours. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

svt2205

Established Member
That's Chuck Snipes Racing, right? Not interested in the car to buy, just thought it was interesting. No extra money these days.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
svt2205 said:

What is the exact history of the car? It mentions:
This is a 2004 saleen S281 race car built by TFRacing. It would be eligible to race in SCCA, NASA and American Iron with few mods. It is a 4.6L supercharged engine with a 5 speed.

What? I think NASA and AI is one and the same. A few mods? Yea, you pull the engine and install a legal one (and wheel size and the brakes are illegal in AI?). What SCCA class are they talking about? I can think of only one SCCA class that allowed a S/C'd Mustang (and the car raced in the rear of the pack...when it was running and not over-heating).

I'd suggest that there is a big difference in value of Tom's historically significant #47 and these cars. I'd suggest that Tom's car is worth much more than both of these cars (and any spare engines that they should include).

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
TF Racing Saleen

If anyone here buys this car, I have photos of it from the 2004 Grand Am Cup season I can give you. I also helped the TF team with the original paint scheme (NOT what it looks like now) and have those original illustrations around as well. Just an FYI if someone wants to restore it to what it looked like when it first hit the track. ;-)

Zippo_Daytona04.jpg

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
My only concern with that car was that they seemed to replace the engine at last once or twice per weekend!

They got a full engine swap down to less than 2 hours. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Yeah. They had a slight problem with the tune. Seemed to run a little lean and bad things would happen....

Tom

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
With only 250 of these special Mustangs ever being built this Owners Guide Supplement is one rare item.

Thats an interesting statement to make in the description:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread