Cobra R, SVT items and misc. stuff found on eBay and for sale elsewhere

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BlackBolt9 said:
With only 250 of these special Mustangs ever being built this Owners Guide Supplement is one rare item.

Thats an interesting statement to make in the description:pop:

Maybe this is #250 of 300?!?!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
03SteedaGT said:
Wow. Thats alot for a book. I guess it might be worth it if you bought your R as a collectors item.

It will also be an important piece if you ever plan on selling the car, which most owners will eventually do, I would guess? If the car is used as a driver with tons of miles, or stored with zero miles, this is an item that will be on the "what specific paperwork should be with a 2000 Cobra R to make it complete?" list. If it is missing, it is not complete. I would think that is a good reason why it is fetching such a premium $$$.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
With only 250 of these special Mustangs ever being built this Owners Guide Supplement is one rare item.

Thats an interesting statement to make in the description:pop:

The 250 supplements were for the 1995 Cobra R, they are also a rare item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...236QQitemZ230110796144QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

In the picture showing the paperwork with this 95R^^^^^^^^^^^^^it is the small blue and white colored book/pamphlet laying to the right and lower portion of the picture. It says something like "1995 1/2 Cobra R Addendum to the Owners Guide" or something like that on the cover with SVT at the bottom. Like the 2000 Cobra R Supplement, it gives the specifics that are for the R-Model only.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
svtguy said:
YES!

$203 was the final bid.

Paul.

I must admit, I bought the other original 00R supplement that this seller offered a couple of weeks ago, but it did not go that high ($200+). I saw it appear on eBay and that got me thinking, I had not seen mine, or I should say, I was not sure if I had this supplement or not????? I looked through all of my 00R paperwork, black binder, 00R media folder, no sign of the supplement. I opened the glove box and found it laying behind the 2000 Mustang owners manual zip pouch. The problem was, mine had two black 00R covers glued together on the face of this supplement, plus the regular production 2000 Mustang Maintenance Guide glued on top of that. It appears that my 2000 Cobra R supplement was a "blem" and to cover-up the "blem" a second black cover was glued to the face of the first (original) cover, when that didn't look right, the 2000 Mustang Maintenace Guide was glued over the top of that!!! I doubt the original owner had access to multiple copies of the original covers to do a "fix" like this, nor would he have worried about a blemmed cover on this little supplement, but it happened at some point before I bought it in 2003 with 21.7 miles on lt.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
jv84venom said:
I'm really getting tired of this guys B.S. :mj:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...005QQitemZ150109752060QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

He's sold countless numbers of these already. Not even bright enough to take new pictures!!! I don't know if he's making them from a mold or what, but it sure ain't the first one he's ever seen!!!!!!!!!!:nono:

JV.

I know what you are saying^^^^^^^^^^, but as long as people keep buying them, why change a good thing? The original picture must be working for him.

R

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Yep.....info in the auction is fairly accurate. I do know that they were all consecutively vined vehicles but I'm not sure on the exact number. Now that I have one vin I can verify it tomorrow at work.

Last time I saw one of these was at a used car dealer in NH. He thought it was a Cobra pace car and paid about $35k for it and had it advertised for over $45k. He wasn't to happy with me when I explained the difference between the two.

Very niche market in my opinion and I don't think they will be nearly as prized as the Cobra pace cars even though these cars were all supposedly used at Indy.

You'll probably see a Mustang Monthly article on them in the next few years.....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Yep.....info in the auction is fairly accurate. I do know that they were all consecutively vined vehicles but I'm not sure on the exact number. Now that I have one vin I can verify it tomorrow at work.

Last time I saw one of these was at a used car dealer in NH. He thought it was a Cobra pace car and paid about $35k for it and had it advertised for over $45k. He wasn't to happy with me when I explained the difference between the two.

Very niche market in my opinion and I don't think they will be nearly as prized as the Cobra pace cars even though these cars were all supposedly used at Indy.

You'll probably see a Mustang Monthly article on them in the next few years.....

^^^^^^^^Thanks Mark. It looked interesting, but I agree, the SVT product will bring a larger following IMHO also.

R

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
LOL I remember you telling me that story...

I've seen two of these cars before at different shows.

CobraBob95

Established Member

93SVTCobra

Established Member
These were made for the 93-95 Cobra and Lightnings. Seems that the 93 board is the highest prized one of the bunch. I'd say you did well to get the 95 board for $30.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Yep. I agree. $30 is a good price on one of these boards. I had never seen the 93 version. I do have the 94 & 95 type. The 94 uses a red coupe.

Tom

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Truth be known the black convertible pictured in the 95 board is actually a painted 94 pace car........

Users who are viewing this thread